1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Durlag's Tower Lower level 2

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Walkyr, Sep 29, 2005.

1. Walkyr Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Okaaay. What am I doing wrong here? Did I screw up my game? Background--I went to Durlag's tower out of sequence (before entering the city) and killed the warders but couldn't open the "door" to lower level 3. (I didn't pick up the ward stone first go-around). I went up to Ulgoth's Beard, bought the genuine (and fake) ward stones from the dwarf, followed Ike down for a tour, got his ward stone and still the door won't unlock! Am I missing something? Help....before I kill Jahiera out of frustration!

2. Schaf Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

i had that same "bug", too, and i was only one step away from tearing my hair out in frustration. i replayed the entire durlag's tower two times, until i noticed, that the dwarven guard to whom i had given the wine didn't only leave the bottle of wine behind, but the rune stone which enabled me to open the stairs to lvl 3! could be that it is always the guard you kill last who carries this particular rune stone. go look for it.

[ September 29, 2005, 15:28: Message edited by: Schaf ]

3. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

How long has it been game times since you killed the warders, got Ike and came back? Stuff disappears after a couple days. If it's something necessary, I think whatever you need would still be sitting on the ground somewhere. You're looking for a Rune Stone and it should be on one of the dwarf bodies.

4. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

It should be in Love's possession, but if it's been too long, it'll be gone. In that case, just input:
    CLUAConsole:CreateItem("MISC2B")

5. Tiberius Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

the last dwarf has the rune stone. kill him and you will find it.

6. Neeraj the Freak Paladin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] This seems like a good thread to voice my concern!

(Spoiler!).

Ahhh! I'm in Durlags Tower lower level 2 right now. After I killed the 3 greater dopplegangers in the throne room (difficult! needed stealth to wait out the cloudkill!), I went up back outside the tower to go sell some stuff to Erdane, but then, now when I return to the 2nd lower level, I can't get back in the throne room! Thus, I can't get to the lever room either to open the doors!

Is there any way that I can possibly Ctrl-Tab or Ctrl-L a party member into the lever room, to open the doors to continue my quest? :D

7. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

It's Ctrl+J, but you can do it normally if you just repeat the steps by which you got in there in the first place. There's no 'spawning' of dopplegangers (yet) so you won't have to fight anyone. Just do the normal things with the statues and the sparring dummy, and you'll be back in the throne room before you know it. :)

8. Neeraj the Freak Paladin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

It worked! Well, Ctrl-J didn't, but the other thing you suggested did!

Thanks again man! My game would've stopped a few times already if it wasn't for you! HA!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.