1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dungeons and Dragons Anthology

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Kuch, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Kuch Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I've skimmed over this board but I didn't see anything regarding this, so I apologize in advance if this was already asked/answered:

I purchased the Dungeons and Dragons Anthology pack and installed all the games (outside of the Program Files folder) in a folder labeled Atari. I'm running Win 7 64 bit. I previous owned Baldur's Gate and most of the games included in the pack and used character hacks like Gatekeeper previously. Unfortunately, when I try to use Gatekeeper now, I can't locate my save game files. I've looked in the usual place and even looked in the virtual store, but I can't find it. Because of this, Gatekeeper can't be used.

Can anyone help me with this? I'd love to be able to create/tweak characters like I used to.

2. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    If it's not in the game directory under "save" or "mpsave" and not in the Virtual Store, I have no clue.
    I have the 5-CD version of Baldur's Gate, and it's installed on a Windows 98SE/XP dual-boot system.

What I would do to solve the problem myself would be to use a third party search tool like Agent Ransack to search for your saved game.
    Make the name something unique, then search for it.

There are a bunch of alternatives to Agent Ransack in this thread:
    answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-files/refresh-me-on-how-to-search-like-in-xp/25087161-bd8d-4a71-901e-e8f74d510c4d?page=2

3. Kuch Gems: 1/31

Thanks; I'll give that a shot and post the results. I consider myself pretty tech savvy so I am somewhat baffled that I can't figure this out.

4. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Just remember not to use the built-in Windows-7 search. It sucks if the files are not common types in indexed locations.
    That thread I linked to details a problem I had with searching for files for another game in a non-indexed location with unique types.
    I use Agent Ransack myself as it worked best for what I needed at the time.

5. Kuch Gems: 1/31

Well, that didn't really work. It pointed me to save game folder (which I already knew about), but it didn't find the files I would need to use Gatekeeper.

I'm wondering if they completely got rid of those files to prevent people from using character mods?

6. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Did you save a game with a unique name, such as kuchSGHere, then locate the kuchSGhere folder, or just the folder that is supposed to have saved games?

---------- Added 0 hours, 0 minutes and 40 seconds later... ----------

Also, if it is enhanced edition, it might need Sword Coast Keeper or Shadow Keeper instead of GateKeeper.

7. Kuch Gems: 1/31

I used a unique name and it found the folder with that unique name, but no save game files within.

This isn't the enhanced edition; just the edition bundled in this package. In fact, the only difference I can see between this edition and my old one (5 discs + TOSC) is that I can't find the save game files.

8. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

If it's Enhanced edition, your folder will be in My Documents/Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition. Same with BG2EE.

9. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Sounds like a virtual store, which should have been located by Agent Ransack if you told it to search the appropriate drive.

Knights of the Old Republic does something similar. You see the empty save folder, but no files, the files are in the virtual store.

10. Kuch Gems: 1/31

No, as I mentioned earlier, I checked in the virtual store and there's nothing there.

11. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I'm at a loss, the only ways I could give further advice would require me to either remote into your system (Logmein or Windows Remote Assistance), which can be difficult to set up, or would require software piracy for me to take a look at the program.

Perhaps somebody else who actually owns that version of the game can chime in?

12. Topken

Topken Elven-dragon wizard

Team viewer is free for private use and simple to use.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.