1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dungeon Siege and Neverwinter: incest?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Xaelifer, Jun 22, 2002.

1. Xaelifer Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] Neverwinter Nights seems almost too much like Dungeon Siege with the interface and the inventory and the communications...suppose - no, that couldn't be. What if a spy - an EVIL spy crept into Bioware long, long ago, before the dinosaurs, and discovered their intentions and made a crummy Diablo-versionized version of Neverwinter before it was released? Hmm... Meditate on this I will.

But seriously - why does the game look like Dungeon Siege? Or why does Dungeon Siege look like Neverwinter Nights? Am I mad? It simply bugs the bejesus out of me with graphics like that. Help!

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Well, some people would argue that of the games BioWare/BIS produced, NWN is the closest to Diablo yet...

Anyway, what'd you expect when so many CRPGs are being released these days? Sooner or later you're bound to find games that feel/look similar. Either intentionally or not...

3. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Wait, I don't have nor I've seen Dungeon Siege so I can't pick up the resemblances with it...

So, I'd like a replay from someone who played PST and PoR (single mode). If NWN wasn't 3D game, would it feel more like PST or more like PoR?

Please, disregard the rules/classes/races/setting/inventory differences, I ask for story vs hack&slash. And please, before you answer, play NWN at least for few days and get some quests solved.

If you simply can't determine if it's more like PST or PoR, then please do find some similar story vs hack&slash game to compare it to, just not DS. For example Arcanum, Anachronox, Soulbringer, Septerra Core, Deus Ex, Final Fantasies (:mad:), BG: Dark Alliance (please, don't compare it to BG1 and BG2, it is simply not fair), Morrowind, etc.

And please don't include mod maker comparing, I need the compare on original single player module.
    The 3rd party modules depend on quality of creators, not on the engine.

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Of course you can't compare it with Torment. There are hardly any games that could compare with it. Torment had the most dialogue of any CRPG I've ever played. NWN is not dialogue-heavy... Well, at least not any more than the BG games.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.