1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dungeon Fun

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Skedaddle, Aug 13, 2001.

1. Skedaddle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] RC gives us all a dose of quality roleplaying, but some people have expressed interest in a combat-extensive game environment. What I am thinking is that we could run a little hack'n'slash dungeon campaign in the Nameless Room. I personally am interested in this, so I offer it to you...

Mission Objective
    Through the dark coridors of the dungeon, you'll encounter monsters, a little npc's, physical obstacles, traps, monsters, more monsters and some more monsters. To succeed and survive your party will need to use the member's skills, spells and wits with more intensity than usually, but fighters will have a chance to swing that greatsword too.

Place
    Let us call it Moria. No, you will not meet hordes of orc there or have an honour to die under Balrog's whip. But you will have the fun of crushing some goblins, kobolds and stronger creatures, according to your strenghts. The dungeon is (supposedly) a dwarven treasury, so you will encounter wards and traps. The dungeon is also old and deserted by the dwarves, so prepare for absence of any decent repairs through the last four ceturies, and therefore, absence of luxury, such as smooth granite floors or lanterns on every wall. In the end of a treasury you might actually recover a Treasure ;)
    The place comes complete with a rather large map.

Party
    Rogues and arcane spellcasters are welcomed as well as Clerics - you are as good as none without those people. Fighters and Barbarians are tolerated though Rangers are more fit to adventuring underground.

Character
    If you are interested already, the character is to be 28 point buy, racial and classial diversity is welcomed, be wise to us the benefits of your race. You are entitled to 200gp worth of load.

Timing, the sad part
    I am only able to run this fun in the EST evenings (10pm-12pm is my usual time) but if we'll have interested people, I might be able to change my schedule.

Comments
    Post your comments, if I see enough interested people, we'll give it a shot.

2. herf Guest

I'm interested. It would be more interetsing than pure fighting (example Fight Club).
    Hell Yeah, sign me up.
    would be good to do someroleplay and ahve the chance to see what its like to level up.
    I'll send you my character as soon as possible.
    One question tho...how far ahead or behind is EST?

3. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I'm interested, although I don't know if I'll be able to do it. (one, I'm on dialup and only have 1 phone line, so I can't spend too long on the internet. Two, I don't own a PHB or anything, so am pretty ignorant of the rules) I'll send you a character anyway and see hoe it goes.

4. The Word Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

all right, sounds fun! definitely count me in. I am Calin, btw

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.