1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dual Class Problems

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Chas, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Chas Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I have IWD+HOW installed. No mods. I am having trouble making a dual class character. I have tested a couple of times using a single character game and going to level 3 and I cannot figure out the problem with not being able to dual-class. I am familiar with BG1 and had no problem dual-classing in it. Is there a bug in IWD? Right now I have a human fighter, true natural, with Int of 18 that I want to dual into a mage. But the dual class button stays grayed out. I have tried both editors here on SP but they can only make a multi-class. I want a mage with a couple starting fighter levels. Just like BG1 can do.
    So what do I do?

PS: I would like to know the sequence of the Bioware releases (ie BG1 BG2 IWD1 IWD2 etc). Can someone post a link?

2. Razfallow Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Has your fighter 15 (or more) strength? Did you try it with different classes?

3. Chas Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I need 15 strength to go to a mage????? I do not understand these rules. I have high Int and high Dex for the mage class but I am sure my strength is only 12. I will have to go back with the character editor and add strength to see if that works.

PS: I just used the DaleKeeper and gave the fighter 15 strength then the dual class button works. So now I have my fighter-mage. Thanks. Now I will try and see if I can put back the strength down to 12 were it was and see if nothing breaks. I do not like having overpowered attributes. The mage class will not need the strength - I am planning on her being a ranged only fighter.

[ January 30, 2007, 12:11: Message edited by: Chas ]

4. Razfallow Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

You need at least 15 at primary ability in first class and 17 in class you want dualclass to.
    Primary ability:
    Fighter - Str
    Thief - Dex
    Mage - Int
    Cleric - Wis
    Druid - Wis and Cha
    Ranger - Str, Dex and Wis

5. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Also you need to be TN in alignment to be able to dual into a druid from fighter, and some good alignment to be able to dual into ranger from cleric. And dualling druids&rangers need many good numbers in some ability scores as these classes have very high stat requirements.

6. raptor Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

The order of the games with Infinity Engine is:

Baldurs Gate 1
    Baldurs Gate 1 - Tales of the Swoard Coast
    Planescape Torment
    Icewind Dale 1
    Baldurs Gate 2
    Icewind Dale 1 - Heart of Winter
    Baldurs Gate 2 - Throne of Bhaal
    Icewind Dale 2

Neverwinter Nights came out just after IWD2 iirc.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.