1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Druidic Sorcerer, a powerhorse with many bugs?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Silverstar, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

[​IMG] OK the very idea of the kit was very appealing to me as I just love casting both priest and mage spells, so I gave it a try.
    Please download it and take a look at the readme in Adobe Acrobat format, it lists all coolest HLAs and screenshots!

http://forums.bioware.com/viewtopic.html?topic=340472&forum=17 find it under the kit mods list!

I took a look at readme, saw cool beyond words new HLAs, abilities etc. and installed it! Then started a new game!

Then bugs came! I was MAD!

BUG:Theorically, DS will start as a druid, then you will 'level up' him in game to choose Sorcerer spells, he will lose his druid 'Priest Scroll' but some spells will be put in his new mage book and so on.

UGH, I became a normal sorcerer or stuck with a plain druid most of the time! After countless trying, I was able to do it! The trick is, starting the game in Tutorial, when PC shows up, he 'casts' something and his priest spells are sent to his mage book, than I need to level him up to choose sorcerer spells normally. Oh well.

He is powerful, but buggy, as I said. He is supposed to be able to wear Leather armor but he can not. Game thinks him as a pure sorcerer for item restrictions. Manual says DS can wear a robe and armor at the same time, (robe in cloak slot) but I could not do it.

I CLUAconsoled XP to level up him to check HLAs, wow that HLAs are soo complex and powerful.

BUG:A 9th level spell 'Tornado', is supposed to create a huge tornado that damages foes and throws them around like a wing buffet, I casted it and...

It summoned a 'groundhog' named TORNADO, boy that was hillarious! What the heck!!!

BUG:I was level drained by a vampire at night-walking, I restored it, only to see my class was turned into a Sorcerer! NOO I can not get DS HLAs now! I tried SK but SK had no kit like DS, so I put my save into MPsave, deleted my PC, re-created it from scratch, added same XP and spells, and voila! It worked! And my romances&quests continued without trouble much to my cuprise! I will NEVER allow vampires to touch me again, that is for sure. I was about to cry, I thought my game was ruined completely, I had no save before lvl drain and I had played for two days! And I can play only twice a month.

So even with those bugs, I really enjoyed it. What do you think? Have you tried it? Encountered same or similar bugs? Any comments or reccomends? Post!

2. Tofa Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

hey Silverstar. the druid sorcerer sounds sick. will you be using your morphing abilities at all as i have heard they can be pretty pointless. let me know.

on a more selfish note please check out my Ultimate party post as I have some specific Q's for you and I REALLY want to start playing! please get back to me as quick as you can.
    Shot!

3. Razfallow Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

You must install second component of the mod, if you want to wear leather armor and robe at the same time.
    It will change all items usable by druids, but not by mages, so that mages can use them.
    Unfortunately, it will also add to every changed item new effect called "Set AI script".
    So if Jaheira, for example, equips any of these items, it will change her Override script and hence it will screw romance with her, because all lovetalks are started via her Override script.

4. kuemper Gems: 31/31

As for the bugs, is the druid-sorcerer kit mod WeiDu format and/or compatible with the other mods you have? The mod may be buggy or you might need to discover the correct order to install all those mods you love.

5. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

@ChrisDC:
    Well I do tried shpachange abilities but they are not that powerful. I checked your topic and gave you some advice, for more idea about that Half-orc F/T check my other thread OK?:
    http://www.sorcerers.net/community/index.php?threads/my-new-saga.19424/

@Razfallow:
    Thanks for clearing that, I had better avoid that component as I do not want bugs! Especially romancing ones! Thanks.

@kuemper:
    Why yes it is Weidu and it says it is compatible with most anything. That level draining bug really pissed me off, I felt all my hardwork of 2 days were for nothing! But I do not think it is a mod conflict.

Well my former mods were installed correctly as I did not encounter any serious bugs in my last run through the game. I added DS and a few tweaks, plus BOM Item Pack and Improved Shadow Thieves concept on top of that. Hope it will be bug-free.

One thing I noticed that a DS starts the game with 160000+XP, this is because it level ups when he enters the game, and there is no way to go around it, tried lowering the XP to 80000 but it produced bugs and DS turned into a regular sorcerer again! AAGH! Well, at least I have Improved Ilych to make it hard anyway and one level difference will not do much harm I hoped.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2016
  6. Ishad Nha Gems: 7/31

Resourceful

Google lists this topic as being written in 2015?!

7. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Probably because of the migration to the new forum software (which happened just over 4-5 months now if i recall correctly.) if you look at the timings under the posts themselves, you can see the last one (before yours) was actually in 2005.

Taluntain likes this.
  8. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I almost thought Silverstar had come back to comment on some either wildly overpowered or wildly difficulty increasing mod for a moment.

9. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    What happened to Silverstar?

10. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    He hasn't checked in for about 3 years. I think he was studying to be a doctor.

11. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Oh, wow, a blast from the past! Boy how the time flies! It has been more than 10+ years since I started this thread? It feels like someone entirely different, funny that.

I am well and sound although I've been through a lot in this quest we call life. Heh. I have been working hard for the past 5 years as a doctor, but I still play bg2. But nowadays the enhanced edition on my Ipad, still filled with mods! Somethings never change.

12. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    The more things change, the more they stay the same.

13. Ishad Nha Gems: 7/31

Resourceful

I was able to tweak the Druidic Sorcerer kit so that it worked at the beginning of BGT, Candlekeep, see the Spellhold Studios topic:
    "Druidic sorcerer spells per level ( and other) bugs"
    http://www.shsforums.net/topic/58462-druidic-sorcerer-spells-per-level-and-other-bugs/
    (You might want to go straight to the last page.)

An EE version was being worked on when I found that various official BG2EE spells would be overwritten by custom Druidic Sorcerer spells.

14. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I didn't realise that all the mods had been ported to the ipad, even.

15. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I am trying the ee version of the mod now.
    http://www.sorcerers.net/community/index.php?resources/geomantic-sorceror-for-ee.44/
    Looks promising. Only some of the shapechanges crash, and I am not keen on shapechanging, soo.

@henkie Mods are not ported to ipad, per se, but I install the mods I like on pc, then use ifunbox app on pc to transfer override folder and dialog.tlk to relevant places in my Ipad. I did not update my ios on Ipad, because ios8.3 or greater breaks this functionality. Placing override folder directly under the library folder on Ipad works, to get dialog.tlk working is a bit trickier. It needs to be prepared as a special zip file (file set as 'storage' and 'zip', and then tweaked by a special .exe file that some developer shared in ee forums) and put under library folder on Ipad. It works perfectly after that. Ofcourse this is for 1.3 version of the game, tablets did not get 2.0 and I do not like 2.0 versions of the game on pc much.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.