1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Druid VS Cleric

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Istari of Thay, Feb 9, 2003.

1. Istari of Thay Banned

Ah... My third topic in 15 minutes...

But I just had to find out:

Whats your favorite; Cleric or Druid...

I've never really played the Druid much until about three days ago, and I think it's working much better than the Cleric...

It's wildshape forms and Natures Ally would beat the crap out of any Cleric's fighting abilities...

So i'm curios...

Whos your favorite??

PS: Anybody know any high level spells for the Druid, are they any good??

[ February 09, 2003, 20:18: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Duid! druid! druid! :D

3. Elan Morin Tedronai Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Matter of taste I'd say... Personnaly I've never played with a druid and don't need to, because playing with fewer characters is a challenge for me, so I need only 3 or 4 characters to beat up the game...

4. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Cleric, but a Druid is useful in your party over a ranger.

5. Misiek Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I think that druid has great potential, but some spells that cleric have are very useful,so i guess that he best way is to include both of them or multiclass in one character :)

6. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

DRUID ALL THE WAY!!!!

Druid becouse he doesnt have to bed for his spells like cleric. Clerics are pure beggars :jawdrop: .
    Of course druids can beg their nature god to grant them power, but mostly they gain strenght directly from nature. And nature itself is much more reliable than gods. :grin:

Besides who doesnt want to be a bear :roll:

Oh yeah, .... Please write Druid correctly in the title else a rat will eat you :D

[ February 09, 2003, 18:02: Message edited by: Gothmog4230 ]

7. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Hm druid has better aggressive spells but if you ask me i say cleric,it raises dead.

8. Istari of Thay Banned

[​IMG] Oops!!

Driud?? :nono:
    Druid ofcourse...
    And I agree with Gothmog4230, Druids ruuule!! :D

[ February 14, 2003, 10:09: Message edited by: Istari of Thay ]

9. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31

Druids with Fingers of Death rocks :evil:

10. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Sorcerer!!

Off topic? Well, if you want me to choose between the two, i will pick a female drow cleric of Shar named Viconia.

11. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Both has the advantage, though I admit to prefer Druids, though Clerics have that certain edge...

Out of Druids and Clerics I have to say Sorcerer ;)

12. Istari of Thay Banned

Heh, I know her, Teekc... ;)

And I agree with Teekc and 8people...
    Sorcerer IS the supreme character... :D

See y'all...

13. Bigfatguy12 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Druids have better combat abilities so i would have to say DRUIDS

14. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I always loved to play clerics and they are still my favorite character. Just roleplaying-aspects.

A druid is fun to play, too. I really enjoy my current solo Druid. For some spell I wish I could use them indoors, though.
    I'm about to start over AGAIN and have them both in a 2 chars-party. :D Imagine that!

So Cleric is my alltime fav roleplaying char, Druid is my current fun-machine.

Edit:
    Right after I posted this, I already saw an other reply to an earlier post. Guess we posted at exactly the same time then, my dear Gopher. ;)

As a reply to that question:
    I do not fully agree with Bigfatguy12. A druid might have more offensive spells, which are nice indeed, but the boosting spells of a cleric and many other things and abilities make a cleric a snack hard to swallow.

[ February 09, 2003, 22:29: Message edited by: Master of Nuhn ]

15. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] They have? :hmm:

16. outputrotation Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Nothing is better than a Dreadmaster with two ranks in enchantment magic. why didn't nwn have this diety? =/

17. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Cleric. None of that treehugging hippycrap :p

And being able to cast all your spells inside as well as outside is preferable as well ;)

Even spontaneous casting alone is worth it, imo.

18. Moonshiner Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I use to think druid. Until I played Cleric of Lathendar. I love that cleric.

Edit:
    Although I am playing a moonelf druid/wiz right now for something different to do. Quite the fun character. Still like cleric better tho.

[ February 10, 2003, 02:38: Message edited by: Moonshiner ]

19. Charlie Gems: 14/31

I prefer the druid just because it's fun to see him shapechange. But I agree that a druid is not necessarily better than a cleric. I think those with a dwarven Battleguard of Tempus in their party will agree. ;)

20. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Somehow comparing Druids and Clerics is like the cliched apples to oranges. How can you really say that one is clearly better?

Advantages that Clerics have over Druids:
    - they can wear plate armor (of at least wear it effectively)
    - they have swifter access to healing spells, Heal, Mass Heal, etc.
    - they can take care of a greater variety of maledictions, paralysis, level drain, etc.
    - they come with some really cool buff spells like Holy Aura, Magic Circle Against Evil, etc.

Advantages that Druids have over Clerics:
    - Druid spells, very generally speaking, have a more offensive bent than the Cleric's.
    - A Druid, after having cast Barkskin and Stoneskin (via the Druid's Stone) on herself, can shapechange and then really rock the house in melee combat. The Battlegaurd is perhaps the only Cleric kit that can compare.

Truth be told, I have both a Battleguard and a Druidx/Ranger 1 in my party. The reason is that the party is never reliant one just one character for all its healing needs. And of course, the wizard doesn't have to shoulder all of the responsbility for thinning the ranks of the opposition.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.