1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Druid/Fighter

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Shadow Druid, Dec 24, 2003.

1. Shadow Druid Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I'm gonna start off as a fighter then dual to a druid. What level should I do this at? Do you guys have any party suggestions??

I am thinking:

Kivan
    Minsc
    Branwen
    Drusilia (me)
    Imoen
    Dynaheir

2. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

That seems to be a good party. Remember that dual-class fighter/druids need extreme stats (17 str, 17 wis and 17 cha, if I recall correctly)

If you have Tales of the sword coast you could dual-class her at level 6. She can still reach druid level 10.
    Without TotSC I'd dual-class her at level 5.

3. Meatdog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

stats are:
    str 15
    wis 17

I'm not sure about the cha but it could be possible, though I don't think so but I could be mistaking. The other two stats I'm sure about.

I agree with 6th level, this also gives you 4 stars in a weapon.

4. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Perhaps you could find someone instead of Kivan, e.g. Ajantis, but this depends on how fast do you advance in levels. You will probably not replace a 8th level ranger to a 6th level Paladin or to anyone weaker.

5. Evil Dad Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I had a very successful fighter/druid dual-class in BG1/TOTSC. I dualled at L7 as this gives you the extra 1/2 attack for L7 and you can still get to L8 as a Druid. This also sets you in very good stead for importing into BG2.

You do have to have Charisma of 17. This makes it tricky to roll-up to start with as you need such a broad-range of good stats. Just use Cha16 on character creation as you will have found the tome to increase cha before L7. You could try the same with Wis, but it is unlikely you would have found the required tome in time.

6. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Level 7 best if you plan to import to BG2.
    However if you never plan to play BG2 then 6 is OK.

Also you can get rid of that darn XP cap and get your Druid up to level 10 (or 9 at least). :thumb:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.