1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Drowning man in intro

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Ominix2, Oct 18, 2000.

1. Ominix2 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Who the heck is this guy? He's in the starting movie, and after beating the game 3 times, I don't know who the hell he is? Anyone know?

Om

2. Grovflab Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I think he is the blind archers, who died during the last assault on your mortallity, although I am not sure.

3. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] That's what I like about Planescape!

Where else can BLIND archers exist!

The concept is really good, so good it brings a tear to my eye!

Imagine being blind but having arrows that always sought out your target's hearts!

Whoooosh.............

4. herf Guest

[​IMG] this could only happen in planescape torment. what game has a race of chaotic neutral fiends and a race of chaotic evil fiends fighing about how to be chaotic for 2000000 years?

5. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31

Were you talking about the Blood War?

Wow the whole thing certainly is weird.

I hope that my Ranger can travel to Sigil some day, for his racial enemy is demonic/fell, and I hope to SLAUGHTER a whole bunch of abishai, barbazu, glabrezu, cornugons, gehreleths, lemures, cambions, night hags, pit fiends and the like!

They're not so tough anyway.....

6. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

The Blood Wars actually the chaotic evil and lawful evil fiends fighting it out.

7. Elverath Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

isnt it demons vs. devils? the demons being chaotic evil and the devils being lawful evil?

8. herf Guest

[​IMG] ummmmmmmm no, its the tanaar'ri(succubus's and the like) and the abishais(8 feet tall muther f**kas with big tails and big claws and ver very short tempers)

9. Thaumas Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] Tanar'ri = demons (chaotic evil)
    Baatezu = devils (lawful evil)

10. herf Guest

[​IMG] devils baaad, demons gooood, no thats not right, demons baaad!

11. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Yes they're both bad, but one lot are lawful bad, and the other chaotic bad. Doaesn't matter to an adventurer though, they're all worth XP ;)

12. herf Guest

[​IMG] well the only way that you can kill succubus's is to kill fall-from-grace and you do not want to do that. so the only thing you can kill really is the abishais.

13. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31

[​IMG] I hope Black Isle makes another Planescape setting, and one where I can import my BG2 character into, because my Ranger's Racial Enemy is Demonic/Fell, and I'm going to the Blood War! :D

I'll have so much FUN beating up on Glabrezu Tanarr'i, Gehlereths, Ultroloths, Red Abishai, Cambions, Erinyes, Succbus, Osyluths, Lemures, Trelons, Larval Worms, and the like!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.