1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dropping Items - Oblivion VS Morrowind

Discussion in 'The Elder Scrolls 1-4' started by Dice, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    This is something that I really don't like about Oblivion.

In the Morrowind game you could get items and place them just about anywhere you wanted. I had a house in Morrowind and I used to go and collect candles and skulls and place them in certain locations in my house to make it look cool. I also liked being able to place items on the shelves (the non-inventory shelves). In Oblivion however, you can't do that. When you try to place something on a shelve it just tells you that you don't have room to drop it.

Am I missing something here or is Oblivion truely lacking in that area?

2. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Stand back from the shelf and drop the item, then hold "Z" (if your using pc that is, not sure what button it is for xbox) and manuever the item to where you want it to be.

3. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

But I had the all the containers in teh Council club full. And I still had stuff to sell off.

4. calida8 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

If you have a console, use the left shoulder button to grab and move item into place. If you're more magically inclined, use the spell of telekinesis to move the item, then keep still till the spell runs out:) Happy decorating!

5. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Thanks Calida - excellent advice. I'll give my telekinisis spell a try :) .

6. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Thank you guys. This has been driving me nuts and right now I don't need any help with that.

I want books on my shelves. I want to put things in display cases. I want...well to fix my house(s) and headquarters up.

I do wish the bear pelts etc could be unrolled to cover the floors and beds.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.