1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Drizzt's mithril

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Intentioner of the Damned, Oct 15, 2002.

1. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I just went to dritz to get his mithrill mail by pickpocketing him. I got 20 health potions, 20 speed potions, 5 cure poison potions and the two scimitars but no mithril. I kept thieving until it said that he had no valid items.

Was the mithril taken out for ToSC or DSoSC?? Or am i just dumb??

[ October 15, 2002, 20:20: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Leonidas Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hello!

You have to kill Drizzt to get his Mithril armor. Also, only one of his weapons can be pickpocketed(either one, choice is random everytime you ppocket). If you kill him you get both plus mithril armor :) .

How to kill him?
    Memorize as many Animate dead spells as you can(they have very long duration), summon them and then attack drizzt so that he turns hostile. Now withdraw all your chars somewhere out of drizzt's line of sight. Skels will attack him, scoring occasional hits on him(when they're criticals). Drizzt will ignore the skels, so he will eventually be killed by them. Of course that can take LOOOONG time so you can go watch TV for some time :) When he is killed you get all his items.

Hope that helps.

-- Leo

3. Saruman Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

You can pickup a wand of monster summoning in one of maps in the eastern part.

4. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31

[​IMG] i managed to pick pocket both swords. He didnt turn hostile so just kept pick pocketing.

I'm soloing f/t so your methods of killing him don't bode too well. Maybe i can use oil of speed and keep trying to backstab. Although, i did try this but kept missing.

5. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Wait until you've got a really good THAC0(like 7 or 8), and if the XP cap is removed, wait until you've got a 4x backstab. Walk up, backstab him either with the Long Sword +2 or the Short Sword of Backstabbing. If you can't get him in one hit(92HP), then reload and keep trying until you do. Eventually you'll get a critical hit and get upwards of 100. He'll drop likw nothing :D

6. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Or you could try a non cheating or cheese tactic and beat him fairly or not at all, but then, people rarely do.

7. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31

[​IMG] I tried killing him lastnihgt. Stole his "Twinkle" scimitar (+3+2) and attacked him with it. Left it for about an hour and i had only dealt out about 4 hits totalling about 40hp. I couldnt be bothered after all. Maybe i'll try again when stronger (if he hasn't disappeared by then - i didnt speak to him after killing the gnolls so he just wandered about when i attack him, so hopefully he should be about somewhere).

8. The Irreligious Paladin Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I'm soloing a character I downloaded from this site whom we all know and love, Drizzt. I have to say the battle between Drizzt and Drizzt is the gift that keeps on giving.

9. Saruman Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I cannot pickpocket Drizzt!
    It always says "Target has no valuable items". Why?

10. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Because he doesn't have any :rolleyes:

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] If you have the patch installed, you can't pickpocket him for the scimitars.

12. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31

[​IMG] Is the patch included in ToSC and/or DSoSC?

If so, i shouldnt have been able to get them either.

13. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Oh, yes. TOSC comes with all the fixes in the original patch. And most versions of BG1 you can buy now are already pre-patched, so for some people it's not possible under any circumstances. (Well, short of emptying the Override folder. But that would be a really stupid thing to do.)

14. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I can only ever get one of his swords. No armour, no multiple items.

15. DaemonSlayer Gems: 1/31

If you have the patch installed, is it still possible to get his items by killing him?

If so, is it still possible to find him if you have already talked to him and he has left at the end of the conversation?

Cheers!

16. Taluntain

Media:
    After you talk to him once, he's gone for good.

17. BackOffMofo Gems: 1/31

What site did you find the Drizzt character at? :confused:

18. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Now *that* was a thought question... You could use Google and surf through dozens of pages to find it, or you could check...accidentally... *this* site. :rolleyes:

[ December 20, 2002, 21:38: Message edited by: Virne ]

19. BackOffMofo Gems: 1/31

And you could... acciedently... jump off a bridge.

[There's a good way to make new friends, especially when they help you with your own ignorance...] -Tal

[ December 21, 2002, 11:07: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

20. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

You can kill Drizzt fair and square!
    I posted how on another thread in this forum.

Topic: Yes, it's possible defeat Drizzt without cheating

This is of coarse a Mage's way by using a spell.
    *grins*

Here is a copy/paste of my reply:

==============================================

There is more than one way to get Drizzt!

You need TotSC to get access to the Spell:
    Otiluke's Resilient Sphere

Cast it on a party member just before Drizzy attacks them and it should last long enough for the other 5 to kill him using ranged weapons and the best ammo (+2 stones/arrows or bolts of bitting or piercing).
    Keep a back up scroll in case you need to cast it again.

Works for me! :D

Oh and make sure to cast Bless. Maybe oil of speed too, but I didn't need it.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.