1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Drizzt

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Sarevok•, Dec 16, 2003.

1. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Wouldn’t you just love Drizzt as a joinable NCP? I mean he has such a big name and yet you only encounter him once (twice) depending and I think he would have made a perfect NCP or at least played a bigger part in the game. I wonder if anybody is working on Drizzt mod.

2. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I agree Sarevok. Drizzt as a joinable NPC with all the dialogue and story would have been well good.

3. Razal'dar Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Drizzt is way too powerful to make as a joinable npc. He can wipe the floor with anyone in Baldur's Gate 2 and i'd wager he'd give Irenicus a good fight too.
    Why would you want him anyway? Goody two-shoes little runt! :mad: Get yourself a real drow!! :D

4. fade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Drizzt already has a well defined story that really doesn't work in BG2. He has his own party, why would he want to work with you. He is loyal to his companions, and he would have absolutely no reason to leave them.

5. Elendrile Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Fade makes a good point, but personally I think that if you're good-aligned Drizzt might be very eager to join you after he learns you are a Bhaal-Spawn. Drizzt probably has a soft spot for all those that wish to break away from the curse of their heritage and pursue a course of justice, righteousness, etc.

6. Drithyin Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

and what if you are going the evil powermonger route where you embrace the powers of the murder god?

7. Elendrile Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Well then he'd obviously bust out the scimitars and show you who's the best swordsman in the Forgotten Realms.

8. Mayfairy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] NOOOOOOOOO!!!! This has been discussed already about a month ago. I'll just go repeating myself, but why not take Incredible Hulk or Superman?

9. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Media:
    This has been brought up too many times, and the answer is simple:

1) Drizzt is a PC in his own right. Why, would you allow your PC to leave his party and join another?

2) Drizzt has since lost his crown as the best swordsman in the Realms. Any fighter-type NPC/PC (who can bring a sword, of course) you bring along and manage to get to the ToB will then be able to out-title him.
    This is a simple fact - since even the great Elminster will admit that even he would think twice before crossing you.

[ December 16, 2003, 10:07: Message edited by: Scythesong Immortal ]

10. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

He is not exactly powerful; if you choose to fight him, he is relatively easy.

*Spoiler*
    ~
    ~
    ~
    ~
    ~
    ~
    ~
    ~
    ~
    ~
    ~
    He even dies (usually) when fighting them useless vampires in Bhodi’s lair so I would not say he was overly powerful at all.

11. Drithyin Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

yea. in the books in his prime he could outdo just about anyone with his swords. But remember, you are practiaclly a demi-god when you his level cap in SoA. That's not even mentioning ToB. At the end of ToB you could probably beat Elminster one on one with little effort.

12. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

At the end of ToB it would take the pc a huge effort to stand up to the first blow that Eleminster deals. Dont forget that he is one of the most powerful beings in the forgotten realms and how much older and learnt in lore he is not forgetting how much higher in level he is. I will stop this now as the power of Eliminster has been discussed oft enough. As for Dritzz leaving his party and joining yours.......no. I could only see you with him in your party if you joined his and as soon as you dropped one of them the rest of them left.

13. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Simple comparison.
    Elminster > anything you face in BG:II (ToB included). PC at end of ToB > Drizzt.

Been discussed before anyway. Drizzt would NOT make a good joinable PC. If Salvatore wants to write a book including Drizzt in the Bhaal Saga so be it. But till then, no. Drizzt's presence is arguable. There is no mention of him in the books of Drizzt and his companions being anywhere near Amn at that time. Let alone helping the PC.

14. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] This forum is for SoA only. This is obviously still not clear to some people here. People posting in this forum don't have ToB. So enough with the ToB references!

15. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

How is he to powerful? He's only lvl 15 when you meet him. I'd your at lvl 15 at least by then seeing how you've already fouoght Irenicus and been through the Underdark and back and your about to face Bhodi.

Drizzt does leave his companions in the books am the only one that read Starless Nights. Where he leaves Mithrall Hall to return to the Underdark. The only reason he returns is Cattie-brie sticks her nose into the whole situation.

You don't get more powerful than Drizzt in my opinion. I mean are your abilities the only ones that can improve?

16. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Considering Drizzt has -13 AC, 5 attacks per round, really good THACO and Guenwevyr (or whatever) and 98 MR (IIRC) he's far beyond a PC of the same level power-wise. He's like a Kensai that can wear armour.

17. Strifestrike Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

100 mr. Elminster would wipe the entrails of a level 100 mage. His template of existence, bieng a chose of mystra means he can beat characters that are dozens of levels higher than. Hes only a level 30 himself in BG terms, however he is far more powerful than any pc you could create that stays mortal. Only a god could defeat him, or maybe simbul.

18. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Media:
    Actually a Blade can also do as much, but then the Blade has no Guenhwyvar.
    Interestingly, Erebus - from the Ranger Class' Stronghold - is more powerful than Guenhwyvar.

Elminster was a chosen of Mystra, the PC is a Bhaalspawn. Pretty much equal in my opinion, and will be equal once the PC gains a few thousand years or so - which is hardly likely.
    Of course, mortals have killed gods on more than one account and peasants have killed high level Bards on several occasions, so I'll readily believe anything.

19. Strifestrike Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Heh, no. Bhaalspawn is nothing compared to chosen of mystra. Yes weve got more power than mortals bieng partially god, but bhaal had us when he assumed mortal form, so really were not THAT special. Elminster and his merry crew of mystra chosen were all CHOSEN to be champions of a god who still exists (mainly thanks to Elminster), and is still quite powerful. This god feeds the chosens powers and makes them even greater spell casters than they would be (and they'de be pretty good, the old farts). Anyway, given a millenia the PC might be get a hell of a lot better, but at the end of TOB a PC stands no chance against elly.

When did a mortal kill a god? Are you talking about cyric? He killed a god when that god was forced into mortal form, so he didnt actually kill a god. A mortal couldnt even enter Elysium let alone attempt to kill a god.

20. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

There´s alot of talk here about the books and so on. I have read none of them but if I ever starts reading instead of gaming, which is not very likely, it´ll be about the Forgotten Realms. But until then...

The PC may be the son of a god. But still not very powerful. Actually the PC doesn´t get much more powerful than any other human (or what race you choose) would be at the same levels. Drizzt however is more powerful in his fighting abilities than other people. There isn´t a PC you can make legally that get´s Drizzts abilities so therefor he is more powerful. (I know you ofcourse can buff yourself up and kill him, but I hope you understand what I mean and if you dont...)
    Although, a mod where he´d be a joinable NPC would be very cool indeed. Sure, "it doesn´t happen in the books", that´s why it´s called MOD.

Ohh, and btw. No matter how old your PC gets he´ll never be able to kill "Big E" in any mortal form. E will get older aswell you know.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.