1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dreams

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Iku-Turso, Aug 8, 2006.

1. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Why not have a post about the dreams we see when we go to sleep?

Last night I dreamt of a family of six dragons that wore the guise of men. A meeting was held in a house by a lake or the sea. Betrayal was in the air, but I and the dragons were only played against each other. The eldest of the dragons saw this, but the younger ones attacked me. Three of them I would defeat in combat with my telekinetic powers. :D

2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Well, there was this one time where I was in NZ at Harby's place poking him with a stick until the phone woke me up...

Last night, another weird one. I was on a date with Lai, and we were at Imax seeing some kind of movie about history, geology, or some stuff like that.

Jolt and Stratos before going to bed makes for ****ed up dreams.

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

You clearly spend far too long on these Boards if you are continually dreaming about us all. Or me, in particular, given that I am actually several of the people here.

4. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Last night I dreams that I was the king of a castle and I needed to keep the orcs out.... or something to that effect.

Never seen orcs that use longbows, until last night.

5. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Two nights ago I had a dream about trains that refused to take me home.

6. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Why am I somewhat disturbed that DotW had a dream about me? Besides, if I were seeing an Imax movie, it would be about ancient Egypt, Greece or Rome. :p

As for dreams, usually I dream of other possibilities, second chances. Sometimes some darker things, that I am not going into.

7. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Last night's dream had me being chased through Cologne by a bouncer of a club, after I tried (and succeeded) to sneak out without paying for my creditcard. :skeptic: Highly unpleasant.

8. Clixby Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

My dreams always seem to have a somewhat apocalyptic bent to them when they're coherent and not just the usual stream of abstract insanity.

I haven't had any dreams lately, mostly due to a lack of sleep, but one I can remember vividly was where the Sun had suddenly started expanding and turning into a Red Giant, like it's supposed to in a few million years.
    I hid in my friend's house, which was relatively cool against the merciless onslaught of the swelling Sun thanks to a lot of air-conditioning and whatnot.
    Throughout the entire dream I had this terrible feeling of inevitable doom, although it faded at the end when I went outside and it'd cooled down somehow, except the sun was still huge and red against a dark sky.

I can also remember another one where I was fed a cyanide pill and actually died. Now THAT was unpleasant. I could actually feel my body shutting down. But it was okay, because I became a ghost, and could go wherever I wanted at the speed of thought.

I could go on.

9. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I never remember my dreams.

10. Disciple of The Watch

It disturbed you? Straight after I woke up, I thought it was a bit weird. Ancient civilizations (what the Imax movie was about) aren't exactly my cup of tea, but I actually *liked* being with you.

Some kind of omen? :mommy: :mommy: :mommy: :mommy: :mommy: :mommy: :mommy:

11. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Beavers and ducks.....

My wife dreams of playing basketball -- I can tell when she dives for ball ... I usually get hit or kicked.

My dreams seem to involve things best not described to a young audience.

And I dream in color.

12. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I met Arnold Schwartzenegger, who had his grandson bouncing on his knee. He bought me several Dutch pasteries and we had a torrid affair in the alley. :confused:

13. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Sometimes I dream of things that might make even Stephen King jealous. Well, not exactly, since they're nightmares.

In any case the stuff in my dreams is on the level of worst horror movies and books, but I've never seen a horror movie as bad as those dreams... :mommy:

14. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

I don't remember my dreams normally, but if I set my alarm for 6am then fall asleep again I always get very random, memorable dreams. One of my recent ones:

I and a friend were outside a maze made of fuzzy purple ropes, like those used to form queues. There was also Roland from Dark Tower, dressed as a Roman general for some reason. He went charging in, and my friend and I were waylaid by a floating skull that tried to eat my elbows, so we turned back. Roland came running back a few minutes later and also tried to eat my elbows, so I drew seven purple swords and used them to pin him to the ground by his clothing.

15. Blog Gems: 23/31

This reminds me of a funny story that just happened to me this morning. Yesterday, I was asked by a colleague to lend some software to him, so I emailed myself a message to bring it to work the next day. But message never got through, so when I checked my email last night, I didn't remember to pack it.

So I go to bed and before I woke up this morning, I had a dream. It was about my using the software to do some project from this past year. Then when I woke up, I suddenly remembered to bring the software in for my friend. Yay! He got a good chuckle out of this :)

16. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Eh, I don't ever dream - or more likely, don't ever remember any dreams, as I've been told all people dream on every full sleep cycle.
    :borg:

17. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31

Hate to break it to you, but I'm definately not single. And it's likely that I won't be for a long, long time.

Besides, not every dream is an omen of things to come, but they're still interesting.

18. Disciple of The Watch

:heh: You're not breaking anything, trust me. Besides, my soul is with my special little lady. I liked being with you as friends - I should have specified it in the first place.

19. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Ever had dreams about watching movies that have never been made?

Last night I dreamt of a b-class science fiction movie that's one of those straight to video classics. It was a Predator-movie about how they've affected the development of humans, kind of like in the movie Alien vs. Predator (can't recommend that "classic" to anyone, not even the fans).

It took place in Bering Land Bridge about 10 000 years ago and portrayed people moving to North-America. Then a spacecraft landed in their vicinity and a Predator jumps out. Some tribe warriors go and challenge him but he defeats them easily. The tribespeople scatter away terrified, but one of the children isn't scared. Then the Predator takes his helmet off and it turns out that he's a homo heidelbergensis, that's why the big size, you see. Then they start talking in plain english about all sorts of stuff, like the meaning of life and you can already see that the kid's going to be a great tribe leader when he grows up.

Anyway, it was a bad movie, and I thought so in my dream as well. All these little details that you'd expect to be close with the current conceptions about people about 10 000 yrs ago were totally wrong and the acting wasn't that good either. :D

20. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Just had a dream with my mom as one of the BG2 characters. She was nearly aphasiac in her dialogue, and it was kind of funny but with a great deal of personal sadness.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.