1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

dreambuilder machine

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by vesselle, Nov 13, 2007.

1. vesselle Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

i hope someone can help me. because i'm stuck. i have version 1.1

i'm at the foundry... and the dreambuilder is ready. i can go into the room it's in and talk to the designer, but nothing comes of it. she won't talk while grace is in my group and i don't know how to dismiss her from the party.
    also, i remembered a cut scene from the first time i played it many years ago... so what am i doing wrong?

thanks for the help.

ps: i can initiate dialog with everyone else in my party, but not with grace. :(

Last edited: Nov 13, 2007
  2. Allanius Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

1) You can dismiss people from your party on the Status Screen. Hit the button Reform Party.

2) When you talk to the designer again, you'll find she has nothing to do with the dreambuilder.

3) Try door #3.

3. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    There's a bug that sometimes makes it impossible to talk to certain people. The workaround is to save and exit, and then reload the game. You don't have to restart PS:T.

4. vesselle Gems: 3/31

thanks. i knew that and tried it several times before i posted. just forgot to mention... sorry :(

thank you allanius for explaining how to drop a party member. :) i can't believe i missed that.

5. vesselle Gems: 3/31

ugh. i can't get into door #3. i thought the feather was the key for that door, but nothing happens when i try to get in. :(

i really don't remember having this many problems with the game ever. *sigh*

6. Killjoy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

You need to get clearance from a higher-up of the faction, who will then give you a token to let you enter the dreambuilder.

In order to get clearance, you have to get in good with the higher-up.

7. vesselle Gems: 3/31

under "completed quests" in my journal it says i have "earned the key of dreams".
    i guess i thought that meant i could now go in and take a look at the machine.

8. vesselle Gems: 3/31

i went to a save before the foundry and re-did it. same problem. can't see the dreambuilder, altho my diary tells me i can go see it now. i also can't get the girls in Grace's to give me blood on the hankies. :( i've talked to them, but never get the option to do it.

:( if anyone has any advice, i'd love to hear it.

9. Montresor

Media:
    You should get the option of getting blood on a hankerchief from Kesai-Serris once you have learned that she is Ravel's daughter (you need to get her to accept this first), and that you need a "Piece of Ravel" (which you learn from Quell in the Private Sensorium).

Once you have the dream feather you should be able to open the lowermost door on the left in the foundry hall (below the entrance to the machine room). This will let you see the dreambuilder.

This may be a silly question, but do you have the "Find Ravel" quest in your journal? If not this might explain why the game is acting up.

10. vesselle Gems: 3/31

i have the "find Ravel" quest in my log. she's accepted that she's ravel's daughter. i never had this problem before. :( could it be that there's some kind of problem playing on windows xp?

i also went back to the foundry and tried that door, but it's still a no go. :(

11. Montresor

Media:
    Hmmm - if you have the feather in your inventory and still can't open the door, then I am officially stumped. :(

About Kesai-Serris: The only thing left that I can think of is, have you spoken to Quell in the Sensorium and learned that the key to Ravel's maze is a piece of Ravel herself? (You should have the task "Find a piece of Ravel" in your Journal.) If you have that task and still can't ask Kesai for a piece of herself, I am stumped here as well.

I can run Torment on Windows XP (SP2) without problems but some users have reported problems - but those were technical problems, not dialog options disappearing.

12. vesselle Gems: 3/31

i did have that quest in my book and still couldn't get the blood.

i then had the bright idea of just re-installing the game and starting over. however, now i can't get the game to run. :( *sighs* so it's all moot.

V***V

13. vesselle Gems: 3/31

okay... i uninstalled my 4 CD version of the game and installed my bf's 2 DVD version and everything runs just great now.

must be some sort of conflict with my machine and the original version. but i'm happy and playing. :)

14. Montresor

Media:
    The program was never anywhere near bug-free... :grr:

Just out of curiosity, were you able to resume the game you had started, or did you have to start over from the beginning?

15. vesselle Gems: 3/31

i had to start over from scratch. again. :( but it's running great now, except for the occasional slowdown when someone uses a spell. no crashes, no missing quests. :)

16. Allanius Gems: 2/31

After installing the 4 CD version, did you install the 1.1 patch?

17. vesselle Gems: 3/31

i most assuredly did. :)

however, i'm still encountering problems now in the new game i started. boohoo! i'm in the drowned nations and getting crashes constantly. :( i've tried all the compatibility modes and they either just don't do anything or lock up my system.

my bf just built me a big, honking, brand-spanking-new computer and as much as i love it, i'm thinking i need to build myself a POS machine with all my leftover bits and pieces from my earlier machines. i still love playing my old games but they just don't like my new PC.

V***V

18. Allanius Gems: 2/31

Odd, I'm using the 4 CD version with 1.1 patch and Platter's 1.37 patch on Windows XP, and only get an occasional crash. If you want to check the 1.37 patch you can find it here: http://www.planescape-torment.org/ Other that suggesting you try that, the only thing I can do is wish you luck.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.