1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dragonslaying

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by aerilon, Aug 7, 2002.

1. aerilon Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I've been playing through SOA + TOB, and have come across what seems to be a fairly reliable way to kill the dragons without much trouble. Firstly, you need at least one spellcaster at least high enough level to cast Lower Resistance several times. Three should be enough. After that is done, you should cast Greater Malison, and, if you have a priest type, Doom. If your mage does not have the Finger of Death spell, cast Chromatic Orb(only works if level 12 or higher). It may require multiple castings, but it works. Once you have Finger of Death it is even easier.

2. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    This sounds like to much trouble. Unless you have Timestop the dragon should be able to kill you while you are still casting all those spells (perhaps you can make all that if your party consists of clerics and mages). I have improved dragons installed so perhaps your dragons are still to dumb to cast death ward (you know what that is don't you? :p ).

Oh and one last thing not all dragons have 100% magic resistance so finger of death should work for you without casting Lower resistance (at least it worked for me ;) )

3. aerilon Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Improved Dragons? Actually, I don't have that. What is that, some kind of modification to the game? I noticed there were some pages for those things on sorcerers.net but I've been playing it unmodified.

4. StressedE Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Ever heard of sequencers and contigencies?

5. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    StressedE- I have. Never used them though. They make the game to easy for me.

aerilon- Go here . :D But be prepared it makes the game REALY hard. :eek: :eek:

[ August 07, 2002, 10:36: Message edited by: Keneth of the Darkforest ]

6. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Am I the only person here that was never able to get death spells to work on dragons even before I installed Weimer's mod pack? They tend to resist most spells, even though they only have 50% MR. Yes, that is what most have.

7. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

What worked for me most of the time was a doom spell followed by Insect Plague (let's hear it for the Druid!). Kept them busy while my fighters could engage them and the occasional spell to either lower resistance or remove any protections. More often than not, their magic resistance didn't stop the spells (though there was one time I tried to hit the Shadow Dragon w/ Harm but before I could get the hit in, I was blown across the cavern).

8. Parvini Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

By ToB Dragons are pretty easy but when you're at a fairly low level (10th or 11th say) I always found them very tough. Firkraag was always the most difficult one for me.

In ToB the 10th level spell Dragon's Breath (ironically) works very well, in conjuction with Horrid Wilting, Comet (Time Stop helps)and a couple of Fingers of Death. Kelben's Warding Whip is generally the best anti-protection spell I find... I've not once used lower resistence.

Draconis seemed harder than his father too for some reason.

The easiest Dragons of all time are at the end of SoA: the one in the Elven city (dies with one finger of death every time) and the one you have to fight in hell. The hardest? The one in Watcher's Keep with the staff of the ram... I couldn't kill him so I left him there.

9. Timberwolf Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] hehe The easiest way i used to kill a Dragon was to cast 20 kill cloud on him with a kill cloud wand but its not fun... its too easy the dragon doesn't see you and he get damage! seariously i prefer a big meele fight with dragon slaying weapon!

10. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I only fought him (Saladrex) one time and that was because I asked him if it was true that dragon meat tasted like chicken. He wasn't thrilled about that. I didn't think he was all that tough, though. Now Abizigal... that was a tough mother! Thought he would never die, friggin chain lightning.

11. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

I also found Draconis to be harder than his father. But, for anyone saying that the ToB dragons are easy, install Improved Abazigal.

Warding Whip? Hmm, I always found breach to be the best, but then I never use many spells because I can never get any to work.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.