1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dragons of Heaven and Earth OOC Thread

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by DarkStrider, May 2, 2006.

1. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

This thread is to discuss anything out of character for those people who are in, joining or wish to join the RP 'Dragons of Heaven and Earth'.

This RP will be set in an oriental setting and will also have a Character thread (coming soon) to post Character's in, A DM thread where I will post NPC's, geography, quests etc. And of course the RP itself.

2. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

No Ronin Samurai?

3. Faye

Faye Life is funny. Veteran

Media:
    I think Ronin is a prestige class.

What is the characteristics for Sword saint on the other hand? Never heard of it (save for Kensai in BG2, is it the same thing?), and a non-prestige class to boot.

4. DarkStrider

No Ronin Samurai, on this I am staying with history.
    A Sword-Saint is exactly the same as a Samurai but not as tightly bound by honour only available in the Han and Chin kingdoms.

5. Faye

Media:
    Ah, must a sword saint be bound to a feudal lord like a samurai? Or does he have some flexibility in that as well (seeing that he is not as tightly bound by honor, and need not be lawful in alignment)?

6. Daie d'Malkin

DS, my character is a lvl 5 Samurai, and that generator took ages. Can I keep him and take one less npc? Pleeease??

7. DarkStrider

@Faye Sword-Saints can be bound to a Lord, or a Captain of a prefect, or even a bandit disgraced in some way. Entirely up to you.

@Daie ok

8. Faye

Media:
    Hm, what if a Sword Saint betrays/fails the master in some way? Does he become unable to further level up as a Sword Saint as a Samurai does when he fails his lord? Just wondering how much flexibility a Sword Saint has in this respect. Last question on this, I promise ^^

Thanks, and sorry for all the Qs.

9. DarkStrider

No in that case a Sword-Saint is still able to level up as such that is the main difference. Questions are always good :)

10. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Well, i hope you dont mind me jumping on the bandwagon, plenty of spare time right now :p

11. Faye

Media:
    Yay, then I will use the Sword Saint class after all! Thanks alot!

12. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Never mind. Taken care of.

I need a nice Chinese female name for my ninja. Nothing fancy (creative -Daie :p ). Short and simple.

[ May 03, 2006, 01:17: Message edited by: Nakia ]

13. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Hey Where can we put our char Englishman?

14. Faye

Media:
    @Nakia - How about Xiao Yue (literally translated to Little Moon)

I'll post my 2 characters when I have the time (later today or tomorrow). I've got 3 assignments due later, I have no time and I am too exhausted to do it now.

15. Faye

Media:
    I would intend to use the prestige classes Weapon Master and Master Thrower (From Complete Warrior. Would this class be a problem?)

16. DarkStrider

No Faye that's perfectly fine.

17. Daie d'Malkin

So, for all us Samurai who have to pick Lords, do we make them up, or can we use the ones you've speicifed in the DM thread?

18. DarkStrider

Yes Daie, you pick one of the six Lords or Lady as your liege from my post, you may not meet them immediately but come to their attention as your deeds etc make you more renowned.

I would suggest you pm me first with your choice etc.

19. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    So dear Englishman by your PM I assume you'll come up with a nice CHIN place for me to start? I've no real thought where to start, I'll leave that to your imagination.

20. Maurolava

Maurolava Neither to go back, nor to take impulse Veteran

Now that Ofelix mention, Nakia and I know where we'll be starting, although if you already have a pre-destine place for us to be at please let me know. :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.