1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dragons of Heaven and Earth - DM thread

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by DarkStrider, May 7, 2006.

1. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

2. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    A bit small Englishman I've trouble seeing the names proprely. But if not it's great!

3. DarkStrider

If you save it as a JPG you can then open it with a photo viewer and zoom in. Descriptions of clans, cities, nasty places etc will follow... ;)

4. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Im guessing the plains in the top right hand is where the Mongols live?

5. DarkStrider

Yes Dal that's where they roam

6. DarkStrider

A description of one of the kingdoms, others to follow. :) ANy comments or questions please post in the OOC thread or pm me. Thanks DS.

The Nippon Empire

The Nippon empire is located in the southeast corner of the continent it is enclosed by the by the Edge of Heaven mountain range to the west and the Jade Forest to the north. No-one living knows of a passage through the mountains and thus all traffic would pass either to the south of the mountains by sea, or through the Jade Forest. No-one travels through the Jade Forest unless they have to and then they keep to the edges, for it is said that the forest is haunted by beauty.

In the south of the country is the Lake of a Thousand Lilies it is fed from the northwest by the river Kusiro straight from the mountains, the Nagara river flows from the lake to the sea in a mainly easterly direction. On the northern shore of the lake is the forbidding Forest of Lingering Sighs, which is known to be haunted by beauty and death. From the southern shores of the lake to the sea south is the dread Mire of the Damned, all manner of evil creatures are believed to live there. No-one in their right mind would go there.

The coastal cities from north to the southwest are Hojo, Mori, Shimaza, Takeda and Uesogi. Hojo is known as the city of pearls from which it makes its money, it is also the home of clan Hojo, it’s current Daimyo Ryuichi is a contemplative man, happy with his place in life. His men serve him willingly and find that the peasants respect their Lord and his Samurai.

Mori situated on the Kusiro River, is the main fishing port of Nippon and trade of the clan Mori and it’s citizens. The city is a rough tumble house of sailors drinking after weeks at sea, traders buying and selling the fish and the ‘mystical’ icemakers guild packing the fish for travel round the kingdom. (The icemakers guild does not share their secrets, and most people believe it is a form of magic, that their ice does not start to melt until the boxes are opened). Their Daimyo Ishii comes across as a jolly old man until you get on the wrong side of him and find that he has fists of steel. His Samurai are harsh but fair living to the letter of the Code and the Law, the people in the city and surrounding villages are always careful not to upset their Lord.

Shimaza is the farming capital of Nippon the fertile banks of the Nagara give rise to all sorts of framing from rice, legumes and fruit to meat. The Daimyo Satamota hates the place and the stink of animals, he believes himself to be better than this. His younger brother Ichiro has the love and support of the people and Samurai but none of this is shown openly.

Takeda is the silk producer of the kingdom, unusually it is ruled by a woman the fabled Plum Rose of Steel, Fumiko. The only child of her father to grow to adulthood she made herself indispensable to him, and in his later years took over the running of the clan. Ostensibly her husband Inamoto is the head of the clan but all peoples defer to the Plum Rose who it is rumoured is the highest ranked Ninja in the land.

Uesogi produces Iron and makes the best swords outside of the celestial forges, the Daimyo Suchiro is the youngest and least experienced, his uncle Hideshi is the power behind the throne.

Northwest of the Lake of a thousand Lilies is the capital city of Oda nestled against the mountains, where the Oda clan rule their current Lord and Shogun Ieyesu has a strong dominating personality but is well-liked by his own people and those of other regions (Imperial taxes are low). Oda makes money from the gold and jewels it mines from the mountains it lives beside. Some maintain that the mines are actually run by the fabled Dwarfs of Legend but too many miners can be seen going to work, for this to be true.

The final inland city Imagawa is known and respected for its Jade of many hues and colours, its Daimyo Hideoki is a happy man known for his love of children (he has 17) and good wine, the other main export of Imagawa, Sake.

Far to the west of Imagawa running up to the mountains is the forest of Dragon’s Respite, hidden somewhere in the northern end is the Celestial City and to the South the Abyssal Gate.

[ May 23, 2006, 20:01: Message edited by: DarkStrider ]

7. DarkStrider

The Chin Empire

The Chin empire is located along the northern shore corner of the continent it’s border in the south-east with Nippon is the Jade Forest. No-one travels through the Jade Forest unless they have to and then they keep to the edges, for it is said that the forest is haunted by beauty. To the west their border is the Mountains of the Moon and the Yellow as it flows from them to the Pearl Sea. (Beyond this border lie the Steppes where the Mongol tribes live.) To the South of Chin is the Singing Forest that sweeps down from the Mountains across the plains for many a mile. The mountain’s edge forest is thought to be haunted. From the end of the forest to the Pearl Sea are the wastelands, traditionally where Han and Chin have fought border disputes and now home to bandits and the like.

Flowing along the northern edge of the Singing Forest into Grey Crane Lake is the Nan Huai He River; the lake in turn feeds the Bei Huai He River, which flows to the sea. The northern shore of the lake is soon lost in the Dying Flame Woods, somewhere in its depths lies the Abyssal House of Demons.

From the northern end of the Edge of Heaven mountains flows the great Chin river Yangtze flows to the city Peach Blossom Valley, along it’s path to the sea flood runoff caused the Green Mist Marsh to be created. A place of spirits and ill-repute.

Peach Blossom Valley unsurprisingly is the garden of Chin growing everything that you can think of. Its Lord Pai Mei is old and revered by his people for his long, benevolent and wise rule over the land. His six sons and eight daughters await the day of his death and the reading of his will as to which of them shall rule.

East of Peach Blossom Valley is the capital Dragon’s Palace where the current Singha (Lion) Li Tang rules strongly, he rewards faithful service and crushes any opposition with ruthless efficiency, he keeps a sharp eye on the Peach Blossom Valley canton. The city and palace overlook the Liao He River as it flows from the Peacock Lake. Many forms of herd beasts are raised and butchered here and then sent onwards round the kingdom. The guild of icemakers is also present here.

On the east coast is the fish port of Crimson Pagoda and its current Lord Wei Feng is a harsh man who does not tolerate carousing or drunken behaviour, maybe especially because of the fisher folk. He is not well loved by the peoples and his soldiers are at best bullyboys. North of the city is Xi Dong River.

Westwards is the city Phoenix Mansion, here among the hills is grown chai (tea) and it exports to both Nippon and Han, He is the most neutral of the Lords and strives to maintain balance at all times. It will be no surprise then that Cheng Mei is a puissant Druid.

Westwards again is the dark mysterious city of Xizhong, its Lord Chiang Tzu, and is a powerful mage. (It is also rumoured that he is not Chin or oriental at all, but is Hung Mao (foreigner) but not to his face.) It is also rumoured that the darker schools of Ninjitsu are located in this city

Moon Sect is the religious capital of Chin and is a Hierocracy; the current Hierophant Sun Chen is a Shaman of great power. The city is also well known for its fine porcelain and china it produces.

Last of the great cities of Chin is Green Jade Villa, here rules Mu Chou the greatest living Warrior of Chin, here the finest swords and armour are produced. The peoples of this region love their Lord and serve him with great faith and Loyalty.

8. DarkStrider

The Han Empire

The Han Empire is located in the southwest corner of the continent it borders the Edge of Heaven mountains in the East with Nippon. To the North of Han is the Singing Forest that sweeps down from the Mountains across the plains for many a mile. The mountain’s edge forest is thought to be haunted. From the end of the forest to the Pearl Sea are the wastelands, traditionally where Han and Chin have fought border disputes and now home to bandits and the like. Finishing the border of civilized lands are the wastelands between Pearl Sea and the coastline of the Great Ocean, home it is said to pirates

Flowing from the southwest edge of the Pearl Sea to the ocean at Chelu is the Nan-Gang River, Chelu is where much of the fish and meat of the kingdom is produced, and its current Lord and clan leaders are Hanuel a fighter of some renown. His warriors are nearly always combat ready having to fight off raiders from the steppes and pirates from the sea.

On the southern shore of the Pearl Sea is the Dark Forest, which hides the garden of the Infernal Underground.

East of Chelu is White Jade Palace which sits astride the Nam Han-gang river, this is navigable to the coast and passes through the city of Wa Deng. The White Jade Palace region grows some of the finest fruits and teas available in Han. Its clan and current lord Hyun is deeply spiritual man (as were his ancestors) and there are Shrines to all the gods. It is said that the city contains a shrine to every god that was, is or shall be.

Moving further east we come to the city of Chen Fu and produces fine cloth from grazing animals such as sheep and goats. Its clan and current Lady Jin-Ho are strong aggressive fighters after fighting the bandits to the North.

South of Chen Fu is the city Weng Du which used to be run by the Iseul clan until the now-exiled clan Yong wiped them out with help of some fierce bearded axe-warriors from the southern Isles. The city was reclaimed and given peace by the clan Shin who have ruled since then over the gold and ironworkers in the region.

The city of Wa Deng on the Nam Han-gang River produces mainly vegetables and rice and of course rice-wine. Clan Jung rules here and have always been Druids.

West of Wa Deng is the Forest of Light and somewhere hidden in there is the Garden of Heaven’s Delight, before the forest gives way to the Lake of Forgotten Dreams. Flowing south from the Lake is the Miho-Chun River, which reaches the sea at Heaven’s, Gate the capital of Han. It is a city of artists and craftsman making many beautiful things, it is ruled by the clan Kyung-Soon.

Flowing southeast down the peninsula is the Nal River culminating the city of Nal Valley where the Imperial navy is commanded by clan Young, harassing and guarding against pirates in the west and the barbarian raiders to the south.

9. DarkStrider

As and when I introduce monsters I will be using this reference guide

It does most of what we all need for free (woohoo)

And here's another one I will be using

[ May 24, 2006, 09:38: Message edited by: DarkStrider ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.