1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dragon's Eye

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Salventis_385, Aug 3, 2002.

1. Salventis_385 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I'm stuck in Dragon's eye. I can't remember which level it is (i think it's the third) where there's a big gang of trolls and clerics in a cavern, which i cannot defeat (they are in the bottom left of the map).

HELP!! :mad: :confused: :mad:

2. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Protect your self with spells then try to eliminate them one by one. If that doesn't work then kill the clerics first (send all fighting characters to fight them and use your spell casters to support them). And if that won't work either just kill them with cheats.

Don't you just hate Dragon's Eye? :bang: :bang: :bang:

3. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Kill them before they kill you.

I think that answer is about as useful to you as your question is to us. It is impossible to tell you an effective strategy if we know absolutely nothing about your party, so give us some details! :)

Now, not to put a damper on your game playing, but if you're having a tough time there, just wait until you're on (I believe) the next level...

[ August 03, 2002, 18:36: Message edited by: Blackthorne TA ]

4. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Bottom line:

There's a chick cleric standing right out in the open, so if you start throwing area effect spells out there she'll get hit and die/turn hostile.

You want to prevent that.

So, rush your theif in, under cover of shadows, so you see all the enemies at once. If you can't manage to get your thief in there, don't worry about it. Just rush one person into the room and get as many enemies to 'lock-on' to you as possible. Trolls and clerics, no difference.

Back that character back up to where you left your other 5 guys. Around the bend will do, it doesn't have to be very far; but far enough that you are completely out of range of the cleric chick.

They will come, one by one, in single file. Flip arrows, and web them before they get to you. You'll be able to rest and heal once you get back down to the cleric chick.

5. Keraptisdm Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Archers and Magic Missle spells hitting the clerics and disrupting their spells was my method. In the mean time my other fighters went toe to toe with the trolls. But it was a tough battle.
    I :bang: just :bang: loved :bang: Dragons Eye :bang:
    FYI: My party consisted of two Fighters, one Fighter/Cleric, one Illusionist, one Cleric and one Mage/Thief.

[ August 08, 2002, 20:30: Message edited by: Keraptisdm ]

6. Psycho. the fanged rabbit Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] Alventis these trolls look alot like ejsmith right? Then I think you need a mage in your party. Because your problem is they fall to the ground but don't die they just lie there and you can't kill them right? Thats what happened to me so I casted the spells either melf's acid arrow, burning hands, agganazar's scorcher, fireball, and flame arrow. Those were the spells I used theres probably more that you can use and still hit the troll. Make sure your guys are moved away from the troll (probably behind your mage) when casting all the spells except for the two arrow spells. I remember doing a lot of sleeping in this place to regain my spells.

7. Corr Raven Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Clerics first, trolls later. If you can't defeat them finish the whole Dragon's Eye quest first, and then return. You have some useful weapons to find in other caves.

8. Psycho. the fanged rabbit Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Do these trolls look alot like ejsmith if they do I know your problem. These trolls are falling to the ground but are not dying and your guys can't harm the troll. You need a mage in your party. When the troll is on the ground you cast a spell that will make contact with the troll. Some of the spells I used were fireball (probably don't have right now), burning hands, melf's acid arrow, flame arrow, and agganazar's scorcher. There is probably more spells that will hit the troll but those were the only ones I found that make contact.I remember doing a lot of sleeping here to regain my spell. This should kill the troll. Try this and let me know how it went.
    Note: You should keep your guy's away from the troll (behind the mage is the best) while casting the spells except for the two arrow ones.

9. ettercap Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

that´s a nice battle.

i think the worst problems are the combined forces of troll and magic, i found out the hard way and after 3 encounters with the grim reaper for the most of my party.

another drawback was the fact, that i had a conjurer in my party, which is a nice reinforcer later on, but sucks horrible in the beginning if it comes to combat magic (hey, those lousy 2 melf arrows don´t count ;) and my thief still couldn´t dual.

well, i went back to kuldahar and bought myself a nice supplement of those big flaming oil-jugs (you can get some of the molotov´s by searching the corpses of the slain lizardmen in the upper levels of dragon´s eye).

then i returned to the spot and used the old bait tactic. let your thief stand there and wave with his hanky, so all the trolls will follow him. it is even better, if not all the trolls follow at once, the others will come sooner or later by themselves, believe me.

now you place your two tanks at the upmost end of that little "narrowing" of the path (uhm, ukwis?), it´s after the bridge and right before the altar place.

and now you just let them come (the narrowing queues them all nicely) and when you see one troll going down, boom!, throw an oil jug. the explosion will finish it off and do some serious damage to the other trolls standing there (and your party, so prot. from fire comes in handy). i used about 15 jugs and the battle was still messy, but i finally had a chance. after securing this place you might even have the chance to go back and rest, if the cleric didn´t follow (she usually does not). so it was just the usual business then...

good luck!

10. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Flame or Acid arrows will also kill trolls, as will any poison damage you can do to them.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.