1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dragon Scale Hide hides.

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Bassil Warbone, Aug 11, 2006.

1. Bassil Warbone Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] Why don't you find Silver Dragon scales or Black dragon scales to make armour from after you kill them? What kind od attributes do you think they should have if you could have theses armours?

2. Argohir Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

You use Silver Dragon's blood to make human flesh armor, so you don't find scales. I have no idea about the possible Black dragon scale armor's attributes. But it would be cool :cool:

3. Bassil Warbone Gems: 12/31

But shouldn't all Dragons Have scales?

4. Tressym Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Maybe Adalon's scales are just... you know... soft? :=P

5. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Well, it's pretty simple. Silver dragon scales would have cold resistance (like the white dragon armor), and black dragon scales would have acid resistance.

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

So, what's the difference between a black dragon and a shadow dragon?

7. Felinoid

Shadow dragons are negative energy based while black dragons are acid based. That's why the shadow dragon's breath weapon drains levels, while the black dragon's breath weapon does acid damage. The Shadow Dragon Scale giving acid resistance is something of a mixup.

8. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Precisely why I asked. :) Thanks.

9. Bassil Warbone Gems: 12/31

I agree, I have always thought Shadow Dragon Scale Armour should give Negative Plane Protection and hide in shadow bonus. I would like to see a fix done for this. And a Black Dragon Scale Armour added to the game.
    From what I have read of Silver Dragons thier scales would make a much superior armour than White Dragons. I think one of the attributes Silver dragon scale armour should have is the ability to cast a Sleep Cloud and cone of cold. Or maybe it is so light it can be made into a mage robe.

10. Felinoid

Most definitely (there's a 4 HD and AC difference), but it would be more a matter of docking the white dragon armor than making the silver dragon armor better than the white dragon armor. In fact, ALL of the dragon armors could use an overhaul on AC. According to the MM, dragon hide is 4 points of AC worse than the dragon's AC. Which, when looking at Firkraag's AC of -11, should put the Red Dragon Plate at AC -7 instead of AC -1. An alternative proposal would be to put the dragons' ACs down to regular levels. Probably a bit of both, actually.

I'll put this on my list of things to do, but I wouldn't bet on it happening any time soon due to current personal issues. Fortunately it won't require me to master WeiDU; it's only CRE and ITM file changes, which I can do with SK and the Cromwell's Smithy utility.

11. Elfen Lied

Elfen Lied The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to

cool, new dragon armors.

12. Bassil Warbone Gems: 12/31

I have read that Silver Dragons have an air aspect to them as well, do you think thier scales could be light enough to make a mage armour or a good armour for bard or multi/dual class spell casters and an armour that would allow use of thief abilities while worn only with a hide in shadow penalty.

13. Felinoid

No, this is scale armor, and non-magical. You shouldn't even be able to stealth in the Shadow Dragon Armor for that matter. But with BG2 being so far removed from PnP, it wouldn't exactly stick out to have Silver Dragon Armor be mage-friendly. :rolleyes:

14. Bassil Warbone Gems: 12/31

Uh... I think I will continue this discussion in the ToB forum on the age of dragons poll thread. See you there Fel?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.