1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dragon Age Novels and Comics

Discussion in 'Featured Polls & Comments' started by Taluntain, Apr 6, 2010.

?

Are you interested in Dragon Age novels and comics being released to accompany the games?

Poll closed Jul 30, 2015.
  1. Yes, very much

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  2. Somewhat

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  3. No, not at all

16 vote(s)
    69.6%
  1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    This time around we're asking whether the Dragon Age companion novels and comics are of any interest to you.

2. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Eh, somewhat. I wouldn't mind giving the comics a look, but I'm not sure I'd bother spending any money on them.

I am more interested in the pnp RPG system Green Ronin did on the game. I might try it out with some friends if one of us buys it (though I'd rather buy Pathfinder or Dark Heresy books).

3. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Never liked the hype and all the merchandising is beginning to seriously bore me. It'd better if they worked on the next DLCs and the sequel, RTO was a big letdown and Feastday was amusing for roughly 5 minutes.

4. Der Nibelung Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I completely agree with the keyword being 'merchandising'. I'm satisfied with any game that has a good storyline and cutscenes. On top of that, with the army of modders adding their versions of fanfiction, why would you need any books?

I don't think that they'll be collectable and there are so many other sources for modding ideas. (that's why I still keep I.C.E.'s Rolemaster and MERP books :))

5. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    It is not bad, it can be nice. The comic is badly drawn.

6. CelticDream

CelticDream I play well with others... others, not you Veteran

Media:
    There were books before there was the game, so I see no problem with them adding on more books to the series as well as a comic series to go along with it. That said, I'm an avid reader and I like seeing the different take an author can have on things vs. a game developer. Not to mention, there are times where I like to be able to sit and use my own imagination, picture the scenes the way I think they should look, rather than to have someone else do it for me - when it comes to novels. Comic books on the other hand, badly drawn or not, are fun for me... then again, I grew up in a time where comics didn't look or sound as they do now. I used to have a thing for Archie comics back in the day lol.

7. Der Nibelung Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

A very slow thread, WOW! And I don't mean that in a 'World of WarCrack' kinda way.
    I'm pretty sure everyone is home, reading books or comics. :)

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I'm going to let this one run for another couple of weeks to see if we can get some more votes in... unfortunately with direct voting on the site pages not being possible any more, we're getting far fewer votes in now. Hopefully we'll be able to do something about that in the future.

9. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I just started reading one of the Dragon Age books this week. Its the first one. About Maric and Loghain. So far its not bad actually.

10. CelticDream

Media:
    I still need to pick up those books and the comic book as well. I'm so far behind the times lol

11. Caradhras

Media:
    I think you can get a pdf version of the first chapter of the Calling from the official site. I remember browsing through it. It was pretty decent fantasy stuff but it didn't make me go online and buy the books. I'm a rather demanding reader (perhaps even a bit jaded) so you may enjoy it more than I did.

12. CelticDream

Media:
    I'm a demanding reader as well, but there are times where I'm just as happy reading a book for pure enjoyment rather than internal debate.

13. Caradhras

Media:
    [​IMG] Sometimes you can have both entertainment and thought provoking themes. ;)

14. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The final poll results from the old forums (including guest votes):

Q: Are you interested in Dragon Age novels and comics being released to accompany the games?
    (110 votes total)

No, not at all (62) 56%
    Somewhat (28) 25%
    Yes, very much (20) 18%

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.