1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Doomsayer

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by die hard, Nov 27, 2001.

1. die hard Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] How do you kill the doomsayer that protects the idol at the Archeological dig . He is really tough and I can't seem to beat him. Any tips please.

2. Masher Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I tried that myself, but my party was only low level... I think only magic can hurt it, so load up on offensive spells, preferably ones that can't accidentally kill your own people. I never managed it so I'm not sure if it's even possible, but that's the only way if it is.

3. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

He's extremely tough but here's a couple of tips:

1: Most important, cast dispel magic on him as soon as possible - not only does it get rid of his blur defence to make him easier to hit, it also (and more importantly) dispels his flame sword, so he can only do subdual damage to your group, translate, can't kill anyone, he can only knock them out.

2. Only magic weapons and some spells affect him, I can't remember if he has any magic resistance or not, but a web spell will occasionally catch him. One thing to do might be cast a web spell and have a "free action" character lure him around inside the web until he gets caught, have missle characters pelt him with magic arrows.

hope it helps

4. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Art, I have never thought of that dispel magic trick. Very clever. Screw Magic Missles and Chromatic Orb :p do what Art suggested ;).

5. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

http://home.hetnet.nl/~ma1rnix/shadowcouncil_vs_doomsayer.jpg

Wands and spells damage him much.

Let your mage use wands (ice or fire) and spells. First a spell, then wand, then spell again, so you can cast most magic in short time)
    Let a thief backstab once and for the rest use all ranged attack except from one fighter. Let that fighter slash the Doomsayer while the other fighter(s) use ranged attack, prefereble with +1 Arrows/bolts. When the fighter is damaged, let him leave, let another fighter attack him in Melee and the rest use ranged weapons (and the mage still casts spells.....)

6. Sentry Guest

Well I think I was about level 5. I rushed at him, firing some arrows and casting magic missiles. He went down pretty quick. I had magical swords though.

7. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

You indeed need to be well prepared and not at a low level and have good items, potions and arrows to kill him... then it shouldn't be too hard with the strategy I described in my previous poost.

8. Masher Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

That's a good set of strategies :)

...but now for the real question...

Why bother?

9. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

EXPERIENCE. And a sense of accomplishment. Duh. :p

10. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] actually, it's so that Doomsayer comes out as your "most powerful foe vanquished" :cool: Pfah. Took his ass down as a level 2 Fighter/Thief. Drank a fire giant str. potion and an oil of speed then came outta the cave alone. 2 Backstabs and he was just scattered parts flying all over the screen :grin:

11. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

He is worth a lot XP for Doomsayer isn't weak. Of course you can just ignore him but there is something like "Pride" and that's why I always beat this guy.

12. Cog Primius Guest

[​IMG] where do you find this "doomsayer"

13. Namuras Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I don't remember the exact location of the map, but it's the one with the archeological excavation east of Nashkel. You have to do a short quest before his appearance.

14. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

You know, I've got a strategy as well. It's called running.

15. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Namuras, you are wrong. The Doomsayer can be found in the map where you also encounter brage, this is south of the Lighthouse-map. To encounter the DOomsayer, you have to help the Archeologist Charleston and then leave without reurning the idol to him. Doomsayer will wait outside.

16. Namuras Gems: 13/31

Sorry, I meant west of Nashkel, of course. ;)

17. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Hmm, I thought he only showed up when you killed the archeologist and gave the artifact to the bloke who wants to sell it to the highest bidder.

18. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

If you kill the Doomsayer, you can get the really powerful Vampiric Sword ;) :D

19. Namuras Gems: 13/31

Um, no, you don't get anything from the Doomsayer (if memory serves, that is; with my many recent mistakes in mind, I don't know if I can trust it anymore ;)). You get that sword if you give the ancient armour to the ghost of Ulcaster.

20. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I thought you needed to give the ancient armour to the ghost there, as well as the statue from inside the tomb, which you can only get by killing the creature. There might have been a third item as well, but I cannot quite remember.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.