1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Does ToEE run on Windows 10?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Eyebreaker7, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I was going to buy it from gog and just happen to think about doing a search to see if it would even run on Windows 10. I found a bunch of posts about it having problems. Has anyone gotten it to run on Win 10? If so how?

2. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I have had no issues with it running on my Win 10 machine. I also use the CO8 mod, in case you wanted to know about that as well.

3. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Yes I would use the Co8 mod as well. Good to know it will work. Thank you :tobattle:

4. wyrmbash Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

i never got it to run on my win10. in fact i built an xp vm but cant get it to run java because its xp so i cant use the CoE stuff. if you get a way around it please let me know

5. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Ich dien ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
  6. wyrmbash Gems: 1/31

i loaded it 3 times with complete removal in win10 and it error out every time. was the only solution i could find to run it was another earlier OS. i will try one more time in host mach or maybe move to win7

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Bizarrely, my Windows 10 desktop froze so I can't check right now, but I assume that Win10 has some compatibility settings you can select on the program icon to make it emulate older versions of Windows?

8. wyrmbash Gems: 1/31

possibly but neither google or any of the groups i belong to could help at the time, and last time i tried loading it after it error out i just removed it. possible if i had researched again last time a solution was available, first few times i tried to load on win10 it was still fairly new. i will try again as i would like to try out the Co8 mods

9. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Just checked the properties on mine, and it is not set up to run in compatibility mode. Works fine.

10. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

It works both on my Win7 desktop with Co8 mod. Also works on my kids Win10 laptop via a GoG install (no Co8). I am sure she didn't do anything to any settings other than just install it via GoG.

11. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I think the GoG version should work, but the DVD version will fail because of the copy protection that Microsoft no longer supports due to "security concerns". Personally I think they just wanted to push selling digital downloads via the integrated Microsoft Store so got rid of the support for the copy protection that while popular with the software vendors were unpopular with the end users.

12. dmc

Media:
    DVD version works fine on my machine, so not sure that you are correct Slick.

13. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I'll have to try again. I haven't tried to run it on Win10 since I got my WIn10 computer over 3 years ago. I searched and found something about the copy protection being the problem, but don't ask for sources. I just gave up and accepted that I'd be using my WIn7 computer for ToEE.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2021
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.