1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Does it get any better?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by fyernine, Mar 14, 2003.

1. fyernine Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] I was really into the game in chapter 1. I really enjoyed it.

I've reached the middle of chapter 2 - and I'm bored. Chapter 2 is exactly the same as chapter 1???? Four different areas to explore, four different quests to solve....snore, yawn.

I've downloaded a couple of mods from the website and will give them a try. But does NWN get any better in Chapter 3 and 4? Is it worth playng on? Or is it the same formula, four different areas to explore, four different quests???? yawn, snore.

(You don't need to tell me about the playability of the multiplayer game - I've been there - I'm let down by the single, it could be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better - all it takes is a little imagination and cunning plotting, that's what D+D is all about isn't it?)

2. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Well, chapter 3 and 4 gets a lot weirder.

3. JohnnyRTFM Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Go there, fetch that. That's the whole game. It's like being a FedEx guy in the worst neighbourhood you know.

4. dshadow Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

It's pretty much the same from start to finish. Once you've played it for the first hour you've pretty much seen everything there is to see. And if you play it through to the end you won't want to bother with it again because replay clearly isn't a word the designers have heard of.

Bet you're wondering at all the computer magazines that gave it wonderful ratings and ranted about it being a masterpiece. I know I certainly am.

5. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Dump the Bioware campaign, try downloading some player made content, there's some really good campaigns out there (on the other hand, there's a load of crap as well - nothing worse than bad player made mods...).

It takes some searching around, but there is still fun to be had with NWN, and on occasion you'll be really suprised when you see something in a mod that didn't ship with NWN (me and a friend ran into a roper in one mod, it was pretty scary).

I do agree with the general criticism though, this game was overhyped, and they made a terrible first impression with their uncreative narrow sighted single player campaign.

6. Sadistic Butcher Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Damn, I ordered it a week or so ago and while waiting for it to get here, the worse of a game it seems.

I'll take everyone's advice and not bother with single player, expect maybe to learn the basics. I enjoy multiplayer so it's not a problem really, but it depends who I'm MPing with. I have a gut feeling that gamespys NWN server is crawling with cheaters. Do people on sorcerers ever get together and play?

7. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Don't listen to these people Lord Sarevok. I enjoyed the game the whole way through. Try it yourself and make up your own mind about it.

8. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

I agree with BTA. While I didn't enjoy the game as much as some others, I still liked it. Only complaint I have is that it ran horribly on my PC until recently.

There are no organized SP game groups that I know of, but I'm certain you could start your own.

9. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    I think we should start an SP server. i don't know enough to make one so somebody will have to volunteer :) Any takers?

10. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I must say that I did like the game pretty much.
    It made really fun,I had to take a little break
    in chapter three,but then it was real fun again.
    Maybe I liked this game so because I played BG2
    after I played through NWM ? ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.