1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Do you wash your cat?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Decados, Dec 14, 2007.

1. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    [​IMG] I'm afraid that I couldn't resist. To anyone who hasn't followed the 'Do you watch what you eat' thread, this is inspired by Ragusa's misreading of said thread's title. Unfortunately, he re-read it before posting something both amusing and embarrasing. ;)

Now, it may be unlikely that anyone would actually wash their cat (I don't own one, so have very little idea about cats), but Ragusa got me thinking and I am curious whether there is anyone on these boards who does wash their cat. Go on, speak up if you do so!

2. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Cats have autowash functions. :p

3. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Hahah! HAHAHA! What a silly thread! No, certainly not! I like my skin! It is to me utterly incomprehensible how anybody could even think up such nonsense! It about as smart as using sodium as soap. And unlikely that anyone would actually wash their cat?! It is unlikely that anyone actually could wash their cat.

4. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Haha, it would have been great if he had read this thread as "Do you watch what you eat?" :p

5. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Well, I do examine the food as I'm cutting it into morsels, but I usually lose sight of it as it approaches my mouth - wait, did that say...:hmm:

(c'mon, somebody had to. :p )

But no, I've never owned a cat myself (does anyone really OWN one, or is merely legally-responsible for its actions?) but I've been around them enough to know they fiercely prefer their own method of washing themselves and, like Tareyton smokers, they'd rather fight than switch. :D

6. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Actually, my cat does get bathed about 4 times a year, and has her coat brushed thoroughly. I am somewhat allergic to cats, so the quarterly bathe/brush helps tame down my reactions.
    I take her to a friend of mine who is a professional groomer, and she behaves pretty well, she only does the pathetic meowing...LOL

7. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Absolutely. A couple of time a year, we bathe him in the kitchen sink. He squirms a lot, though, so I have to be sure I cut his nails first. (And believe it or not, he actually like it when I cut his nails. Purring, drooling, kneading - it's quite pathetic, actually.)

8. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

My cat is long-haired and fat, so yes, he definitively needs a good bath every now and then.

However, this cat is a massive 27 pounder... and he HATES taking a bath, so that doesen't make my task easy. He eventually calms down... but even so I need a little help from my bro - he often tries to bail out.

Brushing him everyday reduces the necessity for a bath which is frankly not unwelcome.

9. Stu Gems: 20/31

I think what most people need to use is the self service pet spa!!....seems kind of cruel though.
    Seriously though I've never tried to wash my cat - he gets spooked if I let a few drops on him on a 45 degree(celcius) day. I somehow don't think he'd take it too well.

10. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    LMFAO!!! Stu - That link made my day! I can't seem to stop laughing... :shake: :grin: :lol:

As for me, we have 3 cats, and although they wash themselves daily, we still give them a bath ever few months or so. I usually stick with the "If you bite me, I bite you back twice as hard" attitude...so they don't really fool around when I give them a bath. :evil:

When I lived in CA, we used to toss our cats in the pool. They'd swim around for a bit, climb out, and run up to us like they were asking for more...so I'd oblige and toss 'em back in. :D :rolling:

11. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Wash a cat? Are you mad? I like my hands scar free thank you very much.

12. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Well, I began bathing my cat as a kitten, so she tolerates baths rather well.
    Of course, then there was my ex roommates cat, who as a kitten, tried to climb into the shower with me. So, I grabbed her, soaped her up, and rinsed her off really quick, assuming that would discourage her. Wrong. Nowadays they have to actively shut the cat out of the bathroom if they want to shower in peace.... LOL

13. Ragusa

Media:
    Those water loving cats, they're dogs!

14. Stu Gems: 20/31

I love that - I'm half tempted to try that now that it's summer, the main issue is we have a very timid cat (he once disappeared for 2 weeks after a thunderstorm) and if he tried to repeat that effort I doubt my sister would talk to me ever again.

15. Ragusa

Media:
    :rolleyes:
    You know-nothing (and/or vile cat tormentor), they were asking you to rub them dry!

16. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Do. I'm a dog person through and through!

17. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Well...if they didn't like it, they would run *away* from me.

Anyhoo...those were our old cats. The cats we have now hate water, and giving them a bath is a major pain. :nolike: :rolling:

18. Ragusa

Media:
    ... a major pain that you richly deserve for your hineous act.

Cats that love water are aberrations. When cats come to you and ask you for more getting wet they're behaving like dogs.

19. jaded empath Gems: 20/31

Veteran

...and traitors to feline independence and individuality; they seem to have had the human indoctrination of domestication overcome their wills. They're not really cats anymore - cute and friendly pets, and wonderful animals, but not cats.

I've asserted it before and I will again after this: mankind never properly domesticated the 'common house cat'; they just showed up when we started getting rodent problems with our fledgling agriculture and they decided to stick around for the shelter, company and convenient food. You don't own a cat, you merely have a roommate that doesn't pay bills.

But I like 'em tons regardless (and also despite my mild allergy - a runny nose is worth some petting that makes both parties feel good) :D

20. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Any cats I had bathed themselves. A good percentage of them preferred to lay across the back of the bathtub when someone was bathing. Occasionally, one would fall in and either my mom or I (whichever one of us wasn't having a bath) would chase it down with a towel to dry it. My mom's cat, Zorro, fell into the ice cream maker once. It was an old fashioned ice cream maker where you needed to have rock salt and ice in a barrel in which the actual ice cream maker would sit. Zorro was curious, poked her nose over the edge (then hopped on the edge) and went tail over tea kettle into the salty water. :lol:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.