1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Do you remember your very first party?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by hannibal555, Nov 28, 2010.

1. hannibal555 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Media:
    The first time I played BG2 I didn't know much about DnD and I hadn't played the original BG yet.
    Nevertheless I had a blast with the game from the very beginning.

I created a melee protagonist and made a Paladin. Cavalier kit seemed most promising.
    My party composition went something like this:

- Cavalier
    - Imoen -> Nalia
    - Minsc
    - Jaheira -> Anomen -> Viconia
    - Aerie
    - different chars (Korgan, Jan, Mazzy) in the end I sticked to Valygar

Romance was with Aerie.

------------------
    thread title is misspelled remeber should be remember :)
    Hopefully a mod can fix this?

2. Sparky The Barbarian Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

First time through a game I always like to be tank heavy.

Sparky The Barbarian
    Jaheira (Romance)
    Minsc
    Aerie (Later dismissed for fighting with Jaheira)
    Anomen
    Keldorn
    Yoshimo / Imoen

3. NOG (No Other Gods)

NOG (No Other Gods) Going to church doesn't make you a Christian

Media:
    My first playthrough, though I don't remember the PC's name:
    Archer
    Minsc
    Jahiera
    Aerie
    Yoshimo until ****, then Imoen
    Nalia

BTW, I loved my archer!

4. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Assassin
    Edwin
    Korgan
    Anomen (CN Anomen, that is)
    Jan
    Viconia

Had Aerie at the start, I couldn't wait for Anomen to butcher this whiny soppy emo ex-wing elf and I enjoyed every single second of it. I relished in it. I kept raising her and getting her killed again and again and again and again like a sadisticly morbid loop of the violent death of this piece of whiny garbage.

:evil:

Caradhras likes this.
  5. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Avenger Druid, Aerie, Yoshimo/Imoen, Jaheira, Haer'Dalis/Jan, Cernd :)

6. Kullervo Gems: 9/31

Vanilla ranger (yeah,baby!)
    Minsc
    Jaheira
    Anomen
    Aerie
    Yoshimo/Imoen

Didn't know anything about the game/rules. I exported the ranger from BG1 (got it at the same time as BG2), but can't remember why I didn't take a kit. My ranger had 16 in STR, DEX and CON and I actually thought he was the s***. Good times :)

7. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    I can't remember my first BG2 party that well (I remember my first BG1 party more vividly, I was playing a Bard and he went for the usual suspects Imoen, Khalid and Jaheira plus Minsc and Branwen -it's weird since I played BG1 before). Anyway in my first BG2 game the romance was Viconia or Jaheira as I've never been able to keep Aerie for more than a few gaming hours (quite a feat if you ask me). My character's class was probably Ranger/Cleric multiclass (overpowered I know but I didn't get Crom Fayr so it was Flail of the Ages and the venomous morningstar from the sewers). I think I had Valygar in the party as this character was (and still is) my favourite NPC.

Good times. :)

Disciple of The Watch likes this.
  8. hannibal555 Gems: 9/31

Media:
    Did you know about him beforehand?
    Otherwise it fit perfectly, so you had no problems with Imoen.

I didn't like Yoshimo back then (but nowadays I do, on a sidenote Jaheira is one of my favorites now, while I hated her first time).
    As a result I had a ethical dilemma when freeing Imoen.
    I was so grown with my party of six by this time that I couldn't depart with anyone though it felt REALLY tough to dismiss Immy.
    I never dismissed her again after that first playthrough, though :).

9. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I don't remember my first party that well, it probably didn't last too long (I suffer from Chronical Restart Syndrome) but the first party I finished the game with was:

Kensai (9)/Mage
    Sir Anomen (Romantic Interest)
    Keldorn
    Valygar
    Cernd
    Yoshimo --> Imoen

I am currently playing a Priest of Talos and enjoyed every minute of the stronghold quests. :evil: :evil: :evil:

10. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Just imagine had there been a series of stronghold quests for, say, a Dreadmaster of Bane. That would've been epicness.

11. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I don't remember much from my first party, I only know my PC was a plain fighter and that I didn't get all that far with him all in all. It being my first experience with a D&D game, it took me some time to familiarise myself with the whole game mechanics, at which point I strongly felt like restarting with some other build.

I'm pretty sure my second run through - or at least my first complete run through of BG2 (+ ToB) - was with a R/C multi. Soloed him, too, I think because I saw some thread by Earl Grey about soloing and it struck me as a fun thing to try to do.

12. Rahkir

Rahkir Cogito, ergo doleo

My first party was pretty basic.

Aerie (Romanced)
    Keldorn
    Minsc & Boo
    Imoen

I used Jan shortly, Nalia for awhile, Anomen for a bit, Haer'dalis until he started things with Aerie, Edwin for a long time (I think he started a fight with Minsc or said something bad about Aerie, I don't recall, but he died) and I ended up with Jaheira. She's one of my least favorite characters, but she grew on me like an overprotective sassy sister.

I still have my original save game. I had to go check who I finished with because to my surprise I only remembered Aerie, Keldorn and Minsc!

13. Dr_Asik Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Me (NG Human Sorcerer, using BG1's Edwin portrait)
    Imoen/Yoshimo
    Minsc
    Jaheira
    Keldorn
    Aerie

I didn't bother to even try other characters. Yeah I really need to revisit that game. :D

14. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

:whoa:

I don't recall the exact party, but I had
    Me (paladin)
    Jaheira
    Minsc
    Viconia (yeah I know :p )
    Probably Nalia? -> Imoen
    ??

I do remember playing with six chars. And dumping one in Spellhold to get Imoen back (kind of evil thing to do). I think I romanced Viconia, but I'm unsure. Never played with her since then.

15. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Mine was....human fighter using a two-hander.
    2. Yoshimo\Imoen.
    3. Jaheira
    4. Minsc
    5. Anomen
    6. Edwin...I think.

16. Fred the archer Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Mmm.. first party, bringing back some memories.
    PC - Dwarwen fighter
    Korgan
    Minsk
    Jaheira
    Yoshimo
    Aerie

Borrowed the game from a friend, didn't spend more then 5 min reading the manual, thinking you learn as you go....

Manage do most quest there are in chap 2 and 3 and go to Brynlaw Island without figuring out you could pause by hitting spacebar !

Needless to say, there wasn't a single healing portion left in Akkhala, every party member had probably been resurrected 10+ times. Friendly Fireballs was probably the reason for more then half of deaths of the party.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  17. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    No.

18. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Female Elf Ranger, dual-wielding Katanas* (Viconia BG2 Portrait, sexy voice set)
    Minsc
    Jahiera
    Aerie
    Valygar
    Yoshimo / Imoen

* It wasn't until over a year later, when I bought a strategy guide, that I even knew about Celestial Fury or where to get it. Suffice to say, right around Spellhold, I was praying something better than a +1 Katana was hiding in every chest I came across. :(

19. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

PC - Half-Orc Barbarian wielding Dual Axes(Couldn't resist d12 HP/level, as the only D&D PC game to have d12 HPs what the Solamnic Knight in the old Gold-Box games...)
    Minsc/Keldorn
    Jaheira
    Aerie
    Jan/Imoen
    Nalia

2 Healers and 3 Mages made for a lot magic casting. I really enjoyed it.

20. hannibal555 Gems: 9/31

Media:
    Damn I envy you.
    I lost mine during a Win95 crash and a following format.
    Wished I could have used it to finish ToB when it came out.
    I tried to recreate it, but it didn't feel the same.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.