1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Do you remember your first party?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Harkle, Apr 16, 2003.

1. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Do you still remember your first Icewind Dale party? Did you complete the game with it? Did you make some big mistakes?

My first party was (I found this from another forum):
    Pearl, Half-elf Bard 12, 18, 18, 15, 10, 18
    Traubon, Dwarf Fighter 18/88, 17, 19, 12, 11, 9
    Ivellios, Elf Ranger 18/80, 19, 17, 11, 16, 10
    Triste, Human Cleric 16, 18, 18, 10, 18, 10
    Roscoe, Halfling Thief 14, 19, 18, 14, 10, 10
    Sydney, Human Mage 12, 18, 18, 18, 10, 10

I got stucked in the fifth level of Dragon's Eye, because I used Dalekeeper and it somehow made my characters unable to damage monsters. My next party was much better, although it had three mages (a big scroll shortage); I took paladin, fighter, cleric, fighter/mage, thief/mage and abjurer.

2. Quicksylver Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Oh yes, my very first party. Icewind Dale was the first "modern" CRPG I had played (excluding all those old ones like Curse of the Azure Bonds, Hillsfar, etc.).
    Jaegar - dwarven fighter
    Quickie - half-elven ranger
    Alandria - human paladin
    Cistria - half-elven cleric
    Varia - human thief
    Orpheus - elven mage

I was so pumped about this game coming out, because I loved the R.A. Salvatore novels and though Icewind Dale would be a perfect game setting. Of course, at first, I kept forgetting to set the scripts, so I had to manually tell each one of the characters what to do or they'd just stand there. It was SO frustrating, and I was so mad that this game I wanted to love was so aggravating.
    Then I read the manual...and life got better. :)

3. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I can't remember my first party, but i think it would be similar to my other party which was:

3 x Human Fighter
    1 x Human Fighter, dual classed to Thief at level 4 or 5.
    1 x Cleric (probably human or elf)
    1 x General Mage
    1 x Necromancer.

My original plan was to take 1 fighter and the necromancer through the game, but this proved far to hard at the beginning (it was the first time i'd played it properly) so i added the other mage and 3 fighters just a bit before Dragon's Eye.

4. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

2xElven Pladin
    1xDwarven Fighter
    1xHalfling Thief
    1xHuman Cleric
    1xElven Necromancer

5. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Correct me if I'm wrong here Icingdeath but you can't have two 'elven' paladins in Icewind Dale I, only humans can be paladins.

Can't remember my first party though but it must have been something like this, pretty boring for the first time.

Human paladin
    Dwarven fighter
    Elven ranger
    Human cleric
    Halfling thief
    Half elven wizard

6. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Oh yeah. My first party.

Excluding stats, and from memory, here goes.

Shaalir: Male Elven Fighter/Mage NG
    Paulus: Male Human Fighter/Cleric LN
    Meryl: Female Human Paladin LG
    Karernia: Female Fighter/Thief CG
    Shambala: Female Human Bard CN
    Cherytl: Female Human Fighter/Mage TN

I think that was it. Since I'm doing this from memory, I couldn't tell you their stats.

7. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

My first party was exactly "by the book" except that I started a "multiplayer single player" game and made the mistake of placing my thief mage in the lead. I had a thief mage,"Korval Underhand", a dwarven fighter "Gandalug Battlehammer", a half elf Ranger "Kovalis Darkfire!!", A wizard "Akkar Kessel" A cleric "Darwin Davian" and an human wizard/cleric "Alustrial". I did play all the way through the game with them though, and that was a long time ago... brings back memories of " mysterious tales and noble deeds long forgotten."

8. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Lucas - paladin human male, Darcy - ranger half-elf female, Gunnar - fighter dwarf male, Elyss - cleric elven female, Joyce (IIRC) thief human (IIRC)female, wizard human female - forgotten the name. An exceptionally efficient group, even when all six were going on knives.

9. Elan Morin Tedronai Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Dolgan Silverhammer Dwarf Fighter 18/100, 17, 18, 8, 8, 8 - can't tell ya for sure, I didn't care for the last stats...
    Taslehoff Burrfoot Halflinf Fighter/Thief 19 (Stromnos Girdle) 19 18, 8, 8, 8 - surely I completely forgot my last stats, nor do I care for them much...

10. Halberd-Blue Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I don't remember their names or stats, but I had:
    Male Dwarf Fighter
    Female Dwarf Fighter
    Halfling Rogue
    Half-elf Ranger racial enemy Giants
    Half-elf Cleric
    Elf Conjurer

I think I stopped with them at Kresselack's tomb... Pretty sure I never got to chapter 2.

Then I had a bunch of other parties where I would get a little further with each one, until I cheated like hell and got to Dorn's Deep (I was stuck on the Yuan-ti, I had no grasp of tactics then) and then I didn't play the game for a year or two.

Now I'm in lower dorn's deep with:
    Hieronymus von Remus Male Human Paladin
    Bequin Barkskin Female Dwarf Fighter/Rogue
    Irovati Daelrod Male Half-Elf Bard
    Beinu Female Half-Elf Druid
    Irrik-Endil Male Gnome Illusionist

If I could change one thing I wouldn't use the Druid. Most battles I don't need healing, and the ones I do I could have easily used healing potions. And I think I've used shape change a grand total of 2 times (change into bear form then back). Though now that I think of it I could have used it to stop her from dying that one time... Only Hieronymus, Beinu, and Irrik-Endil have died so far, though Hieronymus has died twice :mad: . How dare he suck up so much of my gold!

I haven't cheated that much, only minor things like trading two Morningstar +1's for 1 Halberd +1 because I still haven't seen one the whole game. Oh yeah and I gave myself some extra Mummy's Tea.

I bought IWD2 a few days ago as well but my ancient computer doesn't want to install it, it freezes at 58% in the minimum installation... And my CD-ROM drive is screwed up so it takes about an hour to get to that point, I'll figure something out though...

11. Elan Morin Tedronai Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

First - above
    Dwarven Fighter
    Halflingish Fighter/Thief.

Second
    Half-elf Fighter/Cleric
    Elf mage/Thief

Third
    Elf Ranger
    Fighter/Druid Half-elf
    Gnome Illuzionist/Thief
    Human Bard

Two Solos
    Dwarven Fighter/Cleric
    Human Paladin
    Whether you believe it or not I rolled that sort of stats for my Paladin:
    Strenght 18/90
    Dexterity 17
    Const 18
    Int 3
    Wisdom 17
    Cha 17

[ January 16, 2004, 16:30: Message edited by: Elan Morin Tedronai ]

12. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

An Half-Elf Ranger where my first character since I believed that you could have NPC's to join the group :D

13. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Two human fighter Guillaume and Maximus. I had created Guillaume, and my friend had made Maximus.

14. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

Fighter male dwarf
    Paladin male human
    thief male halfling
    cleric/ranger female half-elf
    wizard female elf
    bard male human

I never liked bards in Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, but in Icewind Dale they have their place IMO. Although I'll never take one again, I suppose.

15. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Dwarven Fighter
    Arahar
    str: 18/00
    dex: 18
    con: 19
    int: 10
    wis: 5
    cha: 3

managed to finish the game but it was hard all those dang paralasise spells. GRR

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2012
  16. jeremiah Gems: 4/31

Female Paladin (for Pale Justice)
    Female Dualled fighter/cleric (awesome with maces, Fist of the Gloomfrost and 3 white doves) I think I dualled at level 9 though I wish it was 13 then again you really need high level cleric against those Drowned Dead in HoW
    Female Elven Wizard
    Female Half Elf Bard
    Male Half Elf Fighter/Druid
    Male Halfling Fighter/Thief

Can't remember their names and stats though. Played them once normal and once HoF. However, I couldn't win in HoF without my paladin getting killed (fortunately not chunked LOL).

17. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

It has been soooo long since I played iwd, I actually never got to the end ;x . Had 5 fighters and a thief though I think.

18. drowling Gems: 4/31

Oh yes, I remember those times... I had an elven cleric and my friend had a human wizard. He kept dying too much, though :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.