1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Do You Moisturize?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Barmy Army, May 24, 2013.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    My mate 'caught' me moisturizing my face after a shower the other day and I've had endless bant off it from my mates since. He couldn't wait to tell every ****er that I moisturize. I thought this was completely normal. If I don't moisturize after a shower my skin feels really tight and dry. The best I've found is the Clinique one; it's a bit expensive at about £25 a time, but it's the absolute dobermans undercarriage.

So, lads of BoM... do you share the opinion that it's puffy, or do you moisturize?

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Not really. I have in the past, but mostly I can't be bothered. I am not fussed much whether other people do or not.

3. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    From a female perspective I think it's great when a guy takes care of himself! I'd much rather go out with a guy who spends a few quid and a couple of minutes moisturising than a guy who's flaking everywhere!

I think it also says that if he's prepared to spend time to look after himself then he's prepared to look after the people he cares about too

4. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    You might not think that if you saw what else is on my bathroom window sill Rach hah. I've got loads of crap. Face scrubs and all sorts. I love that Liz Earle range of stuff. My mum always buys it me :D

5. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    I don't moisturize, but I don't really mind if anyone else does.

6. Arkite

Arkite Crash or crash through Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Have always had dry skin, so I drink like a fish and moisturise if I'm in a dry/cold climate.

7. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I shave my head about once a month. Nothing grows on top anyway so why not? I definitely moisturize after shaving. Otherwise, my skin feels tight over the old skull. I don't want to look like Skeletor when I'm 45. :o

8. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    What's this "moisturize" stuff? I put moisture IN my body in the form of beer.

9. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

I tend to use it after sauna and sometimes during the winter. The dry cold weather can sometimes take its toll but not on a daily basis otherwise since I don't find it doing too much outside of the two situations mentioned above. I've gotten an individual comment here and there about it but that's about it. It hasn't exactly become a running joke or anything like that.

10. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    I would be mocking you like your mates.

11. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I imagine that your mates have asked such pithy questions as "where's your douche?" and "Is your razor pink?"

Blades of Vanatar likes this.
  12. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I moisturize my knuckles in winter, they tend to get really dry if I don't. I moisturize if I got burned in the sun. And I occasionally moisturize after shaving, especially if I've shaven with the machine as that one irritates my skin.

Your mate seems rather childish. Pestering someone over something like this is something I'd expect from a 14 year old. Possibly someone insecure, too.

Master of Nuhn, Vorona and Silvery like this.
  13. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Mostly hands, sometimes face but seldom. No need any more with an electric wet razer.

I work with my hands, so they need cream and moisture to stay healthy.

14. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Stop henkie, they are having some fun is all. Barms seems witty enough that I am sure he gives it back as good as he gets. Nothing like a good ribbing between friends I say.

15. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I don't do any kind of moisturizing (e.g. lotions or lip balms). I feel that if you do it all the time, your body will get used to not doing it itself, and you will always have to do it then.

BTW, the GF always compliments on how soft my skin an lips are, so it's not like I'm all scaly and chapped ;)

16. Bladezuez

Bladezuez I'm normal in my mind; everyone else is crazy! Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    my knuckles get dry enough to the point that they crack and bleed if I don't keep them taken care of. And when I shave I find that it is better if I take care of replenishing the moisture that the shaving cream tends to take away. Other then that not normally.:cool:

17. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I moist my eyes all the time. :hahaerr:

Sorry, Splunge moment.

8people likes this.
  18. Cambios Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

You gotta do it.

I actually should make sure I do it more often now that I am 40+.

19. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Poof! I was dry this winter and one of my female students brought me some lotion. It worked like a witches brew. Dark magic, I want nothing to do with it. My skin is natural and is going to stay that way. Let the women waste their time drenching their skin with chemicals.

20. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I moisturize my face and head (it's shaved) every day after showering. If I don't, my skin looks like wrinkled crêpe paper.

I don't like macho's. I don't like metro's either. I understand the "ribbing between friends" that Blades talks about. IMO, telling others about me moisturizing seems different to making a witty/sarcastic remark towards me about it, though.
    I guess I'm with Henkie on this.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.