1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Do you have "Magic: The Gathering" cards?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Kelvon Shadowmane, Aug 30, 2004.

1. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] Actually the question is: Do you have "Magic: The Gathering" cards that you no longer need? Old ones? Too many copys of the same one? Well it would be very kind of you if you would consider donating them to people who don't have acces to this kind of stuff... like me! I don't want to complain too much but in Romania, the average wage is 100$/Month. We can't find any Trading Card Games (TCG) in Romania and it's way to expensive to order online (I can't even aford a credit card) So if you do have some... I would be etternally gratefull if you would at least CONSIDER donating them...

2. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Yea, I have a collectors box full of them, but they have never seen real use. The art is nice, though; so I doubt I will be donating them anytime soon.

Besides, MtG cards gather value as they age (due of that artwork), so you'd better keep your fingers tightly crossed in case someone feels like hating eBay that day. ;)

3. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31

@Wirhe

"Est unusquisque faber ipsae suae fortunae"

I presume that's latin... what does it mean?

4. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

5. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31

@Alavin

thx a lot! this might just work...
    but it's still not the real thing...
    still eating icecream??? :)

PS.this is my 25th post......so?

6. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

"Besides, MtG cards gather value as they age (due of that artwork)"

@Wirhe, they do not increase in value because of the artwork. They increase based upon age and rarity, i.e. a first edition card is worth a lot more than a fifth. However if that first edition card has then been reprinted in fifth it is not worth as much as if it were only ever printed in one edition.

7. Jolt Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Ive been playing since i was 4...which is when the game came out...ive got tons and tons of cards...i still play though so sorry...i also make most of my money off of selling good ones..sorry

8. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31

i guess there's no hope...

9. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Woah, Alavin is that free?

Why are people still using Mtg:Online if that is available?

Edit: I just realized you have to be the judge.

10. Alavin

Yep, it's completely free.

And it's great.

It's not for people who don't know how to play though. Damage is added manually, and the rules are enforced by the players only, rather than the programme.

Still, for two people who know the rules, it's excellent.

11. DrowLicious Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I got a rather sad anecdote about Magic cards. Back when i played a lot in high school (1997-2000) I had a great collection (750+ cards) with tons of rares and nearly every 4th edition card worth having. My friend had real religious parents and we would always get smoked and play Magic at his house. One day we left his house with all our cards out in his living room to go play basketball for a little and when we came back his parents were burning all our cards in a big burn barrel out in their back yard!! I could have passed out in horror. I got another collection of good cards in the year or two before we stopped playing, but nothing will ever replace those great cards we had. In ultimate christian goodness I forgave his idiotic parents and still talk to them every now and then to this day.

(tears) Man I had like 6 Serra Angels! :wail:

12. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

The only thing I know about those cards is that I heard somewhere ages ago that something called Black Lotus is, like, the most expensive TCG/CCG card ever printed.

13. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I don't have Magic cards myself but I do have the game on PC. I still play it from time to time since it works on Win98. Maybe I'll try out that website...

6 Serra Angels in one deck? Isn't that sorta cheap? The PC game only allowed 4 copies of the same card in a deck, so that's what I'm used to. I don't really know any "real life" Magic rules. :heh:

Yeah that Black Lotus is pure cheese, which is probably why it's so expensive. It's a zero-cost artifact that gives 3 mana of any colour. So if you draw it right away, you could get 3 mana plus the land on your first turn!

14. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I think I have a singlebooster's wrth somewhere... I got it when they first came out, didn't get the idea (I was all of 11 then and my English skills were rather less extensie than required) Maybe I should go find them? I know they are amidst all the - *shudder* - collectable ice hockey cards I got at that time. *shakes head*

Maybe, just maybe there was some sort of a super-duper magic card that's worth lots of monies amongst them? Hmm.... :evil:

15. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

@ Alavin,

I used to be like a level 2 judge back in the day, so that's not a problem. Otherwise, is this better than the other free magic programs?

The sad thing is that this makes my collection, spanning from Unlimited days to Judgement pretty obselete.

And Arabwell, depending on what rare you got, those cards could be worth over 100 bucks or so.

16. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Cool. Hmm, I'll go find them the next time I go visit my mother back home...

17. Alavin

@ Rednik,

It's the only one I've used, free or otherwise.

It does make the cards you have rather pointless, but it is possible to start a new, online "collection" by starting with a sealed deck, and just adding a couple of boosters after each game. Makes it quite interesting.

Alternatively, you can make a deck out of the cards you own, by just going into the Deck Editor and putting them under the Owned heading.

18. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31

Black lotus (in first edition) is approximately the 6th most expensive (in terms of value) card around. When I stopped playing (a few years ago) it was worth around £200 according to various people.

The 5 more valuable cards are of equal value (though some may now be rarer) and are also zero cost artifacts with the condition of 'tap to add one mana of (the artifact's respective colour - there's one for each of the 5) to your mana pool'.

It means that with a deck full of them you can play without lands and mulligan at the beginning of every turn - though, excluding normal or snow-covered, lands you are only offically allowed 4 of any card in a deck - though house rules may allow more by a common agreement amongs players).

19. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I've a rather large collection in the basement that I am hoping will someday amount to a fraction of the value that I paid for it. Either that or that I can get them out and dust them off when my kids are old enough to play and we can get the whole family in on it. :D

You don't suppose those Ice Age and Homelands boxes I bought will be valuable someday, do you? :cry:

20. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

We still draft using Ice Age and Homelands. It's fun, mucho mucho funner then using those incredibily idiotic new cards. 'Fifth Dawn' and such. I still play the game, but I'm searching for other CCG's to play. Do you guys know Warlord:Saga of the Storm? It's cooler, for you get to play with AC and Attack bonus instead of magic's system. Looks like there's a Marvel trading card game as well... Hope it gets release in Europe.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.