1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Do rangers REALLY get 2-weapons bonuses? No.

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Person_Persival, Oct 1, 2002.

1. Person_Persival Banned

This is really confusing! Rangers get a 'Dualweild' abilty, they get the 3 two weapon fighting feats for free, but they loose them if they wear medium or higher plate? So Rangers cant dual weild with heavy plate because thier feats do not allow it, and you cant learn the two weapon fighting skills anyway?

[ October 01, 2002, 20:53: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Just don't wear anything but light armor, and give your Ranger high Dexterity to get the AC bonus that way.

3. JohnnyRTFM Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Also, in my experience, with high dexterity, improved parry feat, and a high parry score, AC becomes less important. While I haven't played a ranger, my rogue had a dex of thirtysomething (with items, of course), a parry score of fortysomething, wore light armour and was nearly impossible to hit.

4. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I played through with a rogue/fighter/ranger and I had the dualwield. But what do you mean by parry? I could never parry! I started to think that it was because I used two weapons and I stopped putting points in it. Can you parry while dualwielding or not? If you can I feel like an idiot here.

5. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Parry is a modal skill meaning you have to activate it. Similar to the Stealth and Search modes.

6. JohnnyRTFM Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Absolutely you can parry while dual wielding though, as was mentioned, you do have to activate it. The beauty, at least with my rogue, was the combination of parry with weapon finesse. Dexterity, unless I am mistaken, helps improve your parry skill. The weapon finesse feat uses your dexterity modifier instead of strength when determining "to hit" rolls. End result, you manage to block a good number of blows and get in several respite attacks. You are quite tough to hit but hitting the opponent is not really made any harder on you.

7. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I know you have to activate it but it was always greyed out on my character and nothing happened when I clicked it, no 'parry mode activated' or anything.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.