1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

DO points stack with dual classes?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Eyebreaker7, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    If I put 2 points in warhammer for my fighter class and then dual to a cleric and put 2 points into it for my cleric class, will they "stack"?

2. Paracelsi

Paracelsi Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Nope. The game picks the higher of the two - and since both classes have 2 points in war hammers your fully restored fighter/cleric will only have 2 points in war hammers.

It's generally not a good idea for both of your classes to have points in the same weapon type.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  3. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    OK thanks. Was hoping to have them stack the same as if I had put all 4 into hammer. Oh well. Thanks for the let know. Time to fire up SK :)

4. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I think Paracelsi may have misunderstood. The points you use before you get your first class back do not stack and the game will simply choose the higher of the two. They only stack after you get your first class back. It is an interesting "bug" in the game that you can continue to put proficiency points in a weapon you had as a fighter.

Thus you can be a grand master in hammers if you want (take two or three as a fighter and then a couple more after you get your fighter class back).

Just note that some mods remove this ability.

5. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    Oh cool! Thanks for clearing that up. Now I don't have to poke around in SK :)

6. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It is important that you only put points in after you get your fighter class back. Otherwise, the points will be wasted -- if you had a ninth level fighter you must wait until you are above ninth level cleric (I think it will be at twelth) to put points in the old proficiency. Spend your earlier proficiency points on weapons you did not choose as a fighter.

If you have a mod that does not permit adding proficiency points like this then you would need to use SK ... easy to do as long as you do not have incompatible items in your possession.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.