1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Disney buys Lucasfilm, new Star Wars in 2015

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Death Rabbit, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It's as if millions of nerds suddenly SQUEEEEEEEEEED with joy, and were suddenly silenced.

Because they passed out in a cloud of orgasmic euphoria.

I need a cigarette.

:tie: :tie: :tie: :tie: :tie: :tie: :tie: :tie: :tie: :tie: :tie: :tie: :tie: :tie: :tie: :tie: :tie: :tie: :tie: :tie:

Marceror likes this.
  2. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    But how is anyone ever going to live up to Lucas' amazing script writing?

Mesa gettin' very very scared!

3. Darion

Darion Resident Dissident Veteran BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Wow, would have never expected this!

And the sum of money...wow...mind-blown.

4. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Now George will actually be able to retire to a life of semi-comfort! That's one thing that I don't have to worry about anymore. :hahaerr:

I'm looking forward to learning where the story will go from here.

5. Arkite

Arkite Crash or crash through Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I've got a baaaaad feeling about this.

6. dogsoldier Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

This is the moment I've been waiting for. Finally, the long-awaited final film in the acclaimed "Ewoks" trilogy will be complete!

7. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Star Wars being rebooted every 5 years....3D being the main sales-pitch. Watered down and dumbed down for a teen audience...Yes. i am negative to this. Kathleen Kennedy seems to have had an overdose on Botox as well. Means she looks CGI.

8. Marceror

Media:
    I'd really like to see them explore the early family heritage of Ewoks and Wookies. Where did they originate from? Why is one big, and the other small? Will they ever come together and live on a shared Ewok/Wooky planet? Can they ever truly have a hope of getting along?

9. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

To my mind, this can only be good.

Even if they produce terrible films, that won't diminish the quality of what's gone on before.

10. Darion

Darion Resident Dissident Veteran BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I hope they start some SW movies that have nothing to do with the classics.
    Exploring the Expanded Universe would be the way to breath fresh life life into the franchise...SW in the KOTOR time-line would be nice.

But I don't really expect anything. Good and intelligent writing least of all!

11. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I guess it makes me some kind of old codger, but when I heard about it, I didn't even have a negative reaction. There was nothing. I just don't care and can't bring myself to muster up the slightest emotion over this.

Meh.

12. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    From what I've read, they have ruled out plans to base it on the expanded universe, and basing it off of the OT cast is unworkable – the original actors are way too old, and recasting them would never work. "Episode VII" doesn't necessarily mean a continuation of the Skywalker storyline. All signs point to either something set in the Old Republic universe or a totally new era and story. Either would be great, though I think the latter is by far the most exciting possibility.

dmc, my condolences on the untimely demise of your inner child.

13. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Well, at least Disney can't make it any worse. Like dmc, I just cannot muster the will to care much about anything that would happen to the SW franchise. I don't see the relation between that and being an old codger, though.

14. Marceror

Media:
    I was really hoping for a 12 movie deal that showed us a quick glimpse of the life of Yoda.

15. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I think my inner child is alive and well generally. However, my inner child, as it relates to the SW universe, is horribly scarred. It all started when I waited a couple of hours in line at the theater to see Return of the Jedi, only to have fallen through the rabbit hole and into a muppets movie. The wounds eventually healed, well in advance of the next batch, so I was kinda jazzed to see episode I. However, Jar Jar Binks basically took a red-hot poker and plunged it into my inner child's eyes and ears. The balance of the movies were unable to salvage my inner child and the horrible dialogue, ridiculous story line, and, err, highly questionable acting (the good actors pretty much mailed it in and the bad actors were, well, really bad) finished the damage.

16. Marceror

Media:
    You go too far dmc. Next you're probably going to say that the chemistry between Padme and Anakin was non-existent, and that their romance was contrived and awkward!

:nuts:

17. dmc

Media:
    No, no, that was completely believable to my inner child. Then again, my inner child was blind and deaf at that point. :p

18. Marceror

Media:
    And the moral of that story is that sometimes being unable to hear and unable to see is a blessing!

19. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    The theme song was in my head all day. Now I know why.

20. Darion

Media:
    Disney buying LucasFilm could be the beginning of something great...or disastrous!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.