1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dimension Door

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Will, Dec 12, 2001.

1. Will Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

[​IMG] Just wondering; is it possible to use the spell Dimension Door in BG2 by importing a character from BG1 with the afformentioned spell in his/her spellbook?

2. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Not possible by that method I believe, because your spellbook gets wiped upon importing IIRC.

3. ywpark89 Guest

Actually, I've downloaded a scroll that gives you Dimension door. I can e-mail it to you if you like.

4. Will Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Nah, its OK thanks; I was just wondering if it was possible as Ive never imported a wizard from BG1 into BG2.

5. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

ywpark89 - You don't even need a scroll - you can use the console to memorise the spell. I'm pretty sure Extremist posted about this a while ago.

6. Lord Sarevok Guest

Yeah that spell was pretty useful in BG1. Also pretty annoying too(Devoran). I find it quite annyoing that every other mage in the game can cast this spell yet you cannot. It would be pretty cool just to jump to areas like they do.

7. ywpark89 Guest

How do you use the console??? Plaese tell me!

8. Lord Sarevok Guest

Don't cheat. You'll thank me some day :D.

9. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2017
  10. ywpark89 Guest

I don't thinl that page helped on how to get d-door. And I really do want it, since sorcerors can't scribe from scrolls, and I don't trust shadowkeeper

11. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

12. Alith Anar Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

It could be said, however, that the use of this spell becomes pointless as a wizard's spellbook grows in size. There are MUCH better level 4 spells to use your slots on (Stoneskin, Greater Malison anyone?)

Besides, the sort of enemies you'd want to get away from most of the time either have spells too (Demons, mages, dragons) or are so fast they've caught you by the time you arrive (vampires, hasted fighters)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.