1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Different innate abilities with Keldorn

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by kingsgambit, Nov 15, 2001.

1. kingsgambit Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

[​IMG] A friend of mine a little further than me in SoA has Keldorn in his party as do I. A couple of level-ups back, my Keldorn got "Lay On Hands" innate ability and something else, I forget. My friend's Keldorn doesn't have Lay on hands but some other ability that apparently makes him super tough...is it possible that if the game is played differently that NPCs can get different innate abilities? If so, is there any way I can trade my old Keldorn in (straight swap or part-ex)for a new & improved model with holy might, fuel injection and immunity to everything? ;)

2. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Keldorn shouldn't have "Lay on Hands". It is a bug or you messed with saved game files.

Dump him out already!

3. kingsgambit Gems: 4/31

Really? He hit a level-up and it says "Keldorn now has..." and lo and behold, hit F12 and it's there. I've got a faulty Keldorn then. :( Maybe I can take him back...if I can just find the receipt. :) Seriously though, what ability is he supposed to have??

4. Demonater351 Guest

He's an Inquisitor, so he trades in his Turn Undead, Lay on Hands, and Priest spells for the following: Dispel Magic (at twice his level) and True Sight. In addition, like all Paladins, he also has Protection from Evil and Detect Evil. Check your manual to find out about the Inquisitor class fully.

5. kingsgambit Gems: 4/31

All I know is he has Detect Evil, Dispel Magic, Lay On Hands, Protection from Evil and True Sight. He just had a level up (level 13) and he got lay on hands bonus 2 if that means anything. :(

6. mark the beneficial shah Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Honestly, why are you worried about this? Lay on hands is quite useful in a pinch!

7. kingsgambit Gems: 4/31

Not worried per sé, but wondered if anyone knew any reason or circumstance that an NPC, Keldorn in particular, might have different innate abilities from game to game.

I wondered because a friend said how useful Keldorn's innate ability made him against magic casters, and I don't have anything that qualifies as that great, good, but not great. Still lay on hands is useful, but one poster above said it might be a bug (?).

8. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Quote from the game - char creation screen when you choose specific paladin kit:

Keldorn is inquisitor. Do you see now why I said it is a bug in your game or you used savegame editors to set him up?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.