1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Diablo II, anyone?

Discussion in 'Diablo 1 & 2' started by Astra, Sep 13, 2002.

1. Astra Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I've seen it mentioned elsewhere there are also some D2 players here. What class/build you play as? Favorite weapons? Best drops?

I just started a new character. She is currently up to a lvl 22 Amazon, but I'm putting points in passive skills and using a nasty sword just for the heck of it. I'm just now at the end of Chapter 2, raiding tombs for the pretty shiny stuff.

2. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Yeah, the first time I ever played through it I thought the Amazon would be weak, so I took a barbarian. Had a bit of a tough time (with carpel tunnel), but still got the job done.

Just for replay value, I loaded up an Amazon. WHOA!
    She totally rocks! I cranked up her mana to like 30,000, and just used the multiple arrow shots that shoot like 20 arrows in a fan spread across the screen. It was like Terminator Amazon chick, with a minigun-bow. I took things out that weren't even on the screen yet.

Amazon chits rule! They rule!!!!!

3. Astra Gems: 3/31

Amazons just KILL. I picked one for my first character just because I liked the Diablo Rogue and thought it would be easier to adjust to the new game if I kept some of my old strategies.

I'm thinking about starting a Barbarian, or maybe a Druid, but haven't had the time yet. It irks me when I find what looks like a really cool magic item and it isn't for my class.

4. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Druid lvl 76 or 67 i cant remember right :(
    Been building up for a LONG time. Shapeshifter in werewolf form. The best part is that i made weapon "silence" thats just awsome weapon created with runes:

+200% Enhanced Damage
    175% Damage vs. Undead
    +50 to Attack Rating Against Undead
    11% Mana Steal
    Hit Blinds Target
    (20) Faster Hit Recovery
    +2 to All Skills
    All Resistances +75
    20% Increased Attack Speed
    +2 to Mana After Each Kill
    Hit Causes Monster to Flee 25%
    Requirements -20%
    30% Better Magic Find

Go to this page if you want to make one too ;)
    http://www.diabloii.net/items/runes/runewords-weapons.shtml

But im stuck with the ancients on that mountain(arreat or something) on hell mode of course :)

5. ToTaL Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I played a long time ago with Necromancer, I liked those golems, but the biggest problem were those guys that raise skeletons, i reached expansion on nightmare and than lost interest in the game :(

6. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I personly didn't like this game. I was playing with an amazon and it was like one big killing spree. Just hack and slash and quests that were an excuses for killing. Not my idea of a good RPG

7. Astra Gems: 3/31

I don't even bother thinking of it as an RPG. It's pure hack-and-slash, good for relaxing and stress-relief. Nice change from being a goody-goody in BG2 that doesn't do all that much killing.

8. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

A level 52 sorceress is the farest I've got. Everything goes to frozen orb, and with 500 mana 20 points in warmth I never have to use any potions :) . Have some problems with cold immune creatures though, but everything else falls like flies (except from I'm stuck with the Ancients on nightmare :p ).

9. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Diablo2 is a fairly good game with all the characters. Well worth playing through once with each of them.

[edit: actually, well worth playing through once with each of them while cheating like a mad-dog so you can get through it and back to icewind dale 2...]

[ September 13, 2002, 18:14: Message edited by: ejsmith ]

10. Ray192 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

played it a while ago, didn't like it, too hack and slashy,

11. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

It seems quick addicting but it loses its touch after some time. Sure it is just hack&slash but so what. Sometimes its great to get some rest from those full-mind-needed games(BG1&2, IWD2,...) And its not that hard :) Until you reach the ancients on nightmare or even hell :mad: :mad: :mad: Dont stande a chance without help (possibly sorcerer help) = internet support. ;)

12. Damona Silvercloud Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Before the Asheron's Call addiction set in, D2 was my stress reliever of choice.

I, too, like the hack and slash, killkillkill aspect of it. If I wanted to pull my hair out on trying to solve a quest, worry if that step I skipped 3 levels ago will botch my whole mission, or figure out some epic drama, I'd stick with RL.

I only ever played casually, in single player. My chars of choice were Asassin, various incarnations of the Amazon (bowazon, spearazon...) Paladin (not having to deal with healing potions was so nice) and Barbarian, though I've played every char, just to try each one, through the Third Act.

Some days, when Asheron's Call pisses me off real bad (and it does), I get the urge to reinstall D2, just to blow off steam.

13. trillex Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Well, just to make matters worse, I played some D2 before I really got hooked on D&D.

My Amazon on Battle.net was level 92 but it got really boring. No roleplaying at all.

14. Sick curtaiN Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

It's been a while since I played D2. I've actually tried all of the characters and I've reached pretty high levels with all of them.

I have a lvl 68 Barbarian which focuses on whirlwind and bludgeoning weapon, A lvl 45 (or 43, can't remember) sorceress with Cold Spells. A lvl 51 paladin with conviction aura on lvl 20. My other characters are low lvl characters. My fave by the way is my lvl 65 Amazon, which focuses on the Lighting Fury attack as well as the poison spell.

:grin:

15. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

I have a paladin at level 52, but he's really not so good. I've also played an amazon to level 38, a sorceress to level 40 and an assassin to level 39. And of course a hard-core paladin, who got to level 42. I went to answer the phone, and when i got back he was dead :mad: :mad:

16. r'Hant Gems: 3/31

My characters are currently tucked away in my comp. I haven't played Diablo II for a while. But I kept them : they are a Barbarian, a Sorceress and a Paladin, all around level 70. The Barbarian is the best, a real Panzer in battle. And with the Sorceress, I feel quite untouchable most of the time (actually, being a Sorceress, to be touched means to be dead :D ).

And, of course, I'm stuck at the Ancients, in Hell mode... :bang:

[ September 24, 2002, 22:43: Message edited by: r'Hant ]

17. The Soul Forever Seeking Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Soul here. I had a Paladin I got through to killing Diablo in nightmare, and then after I bought Lord of Destruction, I was all ready to bring him to the Barbarian Highlands, when the game screwed up and 'forgot' everything I'd done! My Paladin was still there, but he was at level 1, with the newbie equipment. Rather than die a thousand deaths against the flesh beasts in Hell at level 1, I just deleted him and started again. I also play as a Druid, though it's been a while, and I never got him up to Diablo.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.