1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Desperately need Baldur's Gate

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Sirdan, Jul 14, 2002.

1. Sirdan Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Well, I want to buy BG (I know it's quite late, but...) and I can't. I used the links in the game section and:

-Amazon.com doesn't ship this game in Greece.
    -Chips&Bits had Baldur's Gate the Original Saga W95. If i am correct that is for Win95 and I have 98SE. They also had another called Baldur's Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast. However they don't have a picture so i am not sure.
    -I also checked at EB games but the don't ship here, either.

So please, help.I am interested in a bundle that contains Baldur's Gate & Tales of The Sword Coast.

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] No, no. There is no separate version that would work in only Win95. Whatever works in 95 certainly works in 98 as well. Go with the Chips & Bits link on SP, though shipping to Greece will be expensive. If possible, you're better off buying it somewhere in Greece.

3. Sirdan Gems: 7/31

I know, it is expensive. 65.00$. But what should I do? I have tried. There is no way you can find it here. These games aren't so popular here. You can't also find Icewind Dale. I have tried everything. Mail-order, Superstores, noone has it. I only can find it burned, but I want the original.

And btw Tal, can you take a look and tell me what the other pack, called "Baldur's Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast" is? Is it any different from Baldur's Gate The Original Saga?

[EDIT]
    And btw another question. If I order at Chips & Bits will they send me the European version of the game? I am asking that because in the back of my BG2 copy (that was bought here) stays:

"EUROPEAN VERSION
    Not for sale in North America or Canada. This game will not install in North American or Canadian Systems"

is there something like that in the North American version too? Beccause if I order and they ship me the North American version, then i am scr***d.
    [/EDIT]

[This message has been edited by Sirdan (edited July 14, 2002).]

4. MaxxQ Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Sirdan - I have the BG/TotSC combo pack and it's just BG and the expansion on 3 cd's with a soundtrack cd included. Basically BG and TotSC get installed completely from the initial installation instead of 2 seperate installs.

IMO, it's worth it.

[Edit] Yeah....my box says "Not for sale outside of North America"

[This message has been edited by MaxxQ (edited July 14, 2002).]

5. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

The north american version of Baldur's Gate 2 works fine on my Norwegian computer...

6. Sirdan Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] Ok, I have ordered it (using the link in SP ;) on Sunday. I think that it'll be here before the end of the week. I'll post when i receive it.

And btw MaxxQ how the h**l have they managed to put BG&ToTSC in 3 CD's?? :eek:

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] A lot of data on the original BG CDs is duplicated on every CD so that you don't have to switch that much if you don't make a full install. Guess they rearranged it now, and probably also used a better compression.

8. Sirdan Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] ok Tal, I have just received it :) Nice game. Ah, and btw can I have now a custom pic? :hmm:

[Sure. Check your mail.] -Tal

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited July 23, 2002).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.