1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Depth of Extinction - Winter Update

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by RPGWatch, Jan 6, 2019.

1. RPGWatch

RPGWatch Watching... ★ SPS Account Holder

[​IMG]The Winter Update for Depth of Extinction comes with a lot of changes.

[​IMG]

Winter Update is Live!

20 DECEMBER, 2018 - HOF STUDIOS
    The long awaited Build 48 is finally ready! I've put some thought into how I think people might react to this update but am looking forward to hearing more detailed feedback on the changes and if you think they have improved on the game's shortcomings without compromising what you liked about it.

If you didn't like the game at all when it launched or you were turned off on it for some other reason, then this update is probably not changing your mind.

If you were on the fence about the game and just thought thought it was repetitive or imbalanced or too easy, then maybe you could give it another try. I've worked on addressing this feedback and even though I don't think the game is perfect, i do think it has improved from launch.

If you are one of those people who would prefer to get the high level summary of the update or see the visuals, then this video is for you. For more details, please read on!

The first thing to mention are the New Maps we have added to the game. There are three new ones that each add slightly different dimensions and are introduced as you progress through the game.

[​IMG]

I've also added some new level tilesets that you'll see in later areas. They are the Cultist "Temple" and the Android "Citadel" and they definitely have a different look that the current tilesets. I don't have a significant amount of new cover or environment items added to the game yet though. Look for that in a future update.

[​IMG]

I've also completely removed the "Zone Chooser" from the game in favor of just listing the currently available objectives for you to choose from across zones. Only one objective of a type will be available at a time from now on, so you won't see more than one "Find Sub" at a time, for instance. The concept of choosing the objective based on difficulty is also gone from the game. This has been replaced by difficulty that scales with the current team. Objectives will have a difficulty floor however, so it is possible to undertake an objective that is too hard but not one that is too easy. Enemies will scale up to roughly match your level.

To make the game more accessible to new players, we have added a "casual" mode. The first time you play the new version of DOE, you will be asked which difficulty mode you want: Casual or Classic. Classic will be basically the current version of the game (with the other changes in Build 48) while Casual will have a few differences:
    • You will have the option to retry any mission where you failed (team wiped out), aborted or even lost a character.
    • Characters will have a higher "base" health value than the enemies, allowing you to take a few more hits.
    • The difficulty will ramp up just a little more slowly

[...]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2019
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.