1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Depth of Extinction - Targeting Mid August Release

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by RPGWatch, Jul 2, 2018.

1. RPGWatch

RPGWatch Watching... ★ SPS Account Holder

[​IMG]Depth of Extinction is targeting a mid August release on Steam. You can read the latest update here.

[​IMG]

Hi everyone! I'm taking a break from working on Build 43 today to give you a sneak peak or what's coming, talk a little about what the schedule is looking like and also make a few announcements.
    Let's start with the announcements!

A lot of people have been asking about the DRM free versions of Depth of Extinction, and we are ready to announce the sites where the game will be available at launch.
    • Steam - technically the game will be DRM free on Steam since Steam DRM has to be enabled. I have heard that many of you don't like Steam so we have explored a few more options as well. Steam version will support Achievements, Trading Cards (we are good to go already) and Cloud Saves.
    • GOG - I am excited that GOG has approved DOE to launch on their site as well. The GOG version will support Achievements and Cloud Saves. I'll investigate whether First Access buyers can get a GOG key.
    • Humble Store - we will sell our DRM free version on the Humble Store as well. I believe buying the DRM free copy there will also include a Steam key. The DRM free Humble version will not support achievements and cloud saves.
    • Itch.io - Of course we can't forget about our favorite PC indie store itch.io and this version (like Humble) will include a Steam key and won't be able to support achievements and cloud saving.
    Another cool announcement is that we have hired game writer Chris Krubeck to work on the story and lead the writing effort in DOE. Chris has worked on several games, notably the cool story driven adventure game Tokyo Dark. We're very excited by the ideas he is bringing to the project and think you will be intrigued by what he has in mind.

[...]

The planned schedule

You know what they say about the best laid plans but this is what I would like to happen (and what I think is possible) but as always subject to change.
    • Stop selling keys to DOE First Access on itch sometime next week (probably July 4) or when they run out (currently 20 left)
    • Deliver Build 43 to itch.io in about 2-3 weeks (so between July 14-21)
    • Start distributing Steam Beta keys to selected buyers after Build 43 goes live (we will probably email First Access buyers and ask you to sign up for this)
    • Collect feedback and playtest data from Build 43 and make modifications
    • Deliver Build 44 as "Launch Build" in mid August (planning for August 16 but may change)
    • All First Access buyers will get a Steam key through itch and we will ask for preference on other platforms (i.e. GOG) if possible
    Now about that Build...

It was a little slow getting started on Build 43 but a lot of progress has been made in the last 4 weeks toward realizing the final vision for the game. I took a few weeks "off" around Memorial Day, the first to do MomoCon, where we introduced "arcade mode" which might make an appearance later in a content update as a "daily mission" and leaderboard mode.

[...]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2018
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.