1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Delayed Yet Again...

Discussion in 'Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor' started by Taluntain, Jun 29, 2001.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  2. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

LOL :D I knew it. Well, even though I can't read it (thanks for the *brief* translation Tal), I got a chuckle out of it. What more could you expect from these people except another delay. Well, anyway, they are treading on very dangerous ground. They are getting close to the release date of NWN. If they aren't careful, they are going to shoot their peoject years in the making in the foot by putting it out too close to NWN. And if they don't get it out before NWN comes out, well, they better go on and delay it another 3 months for their own sake. Because honestly, they'll need that time if they want that game to sell anywhere decent numbers. Maybe by that time, people will be coming of their NWN high, and might be interested in buying something new. Well, all I can say is, I wish them the best of luck. They'll need it.

3. GONMAR Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Well I'll buy it regardless of when it comes out...but it will be a shame if this is the last por to come out or the last ssi game. I think a lot of people are going to be surprised how close to the real rpg that por2 will come. This is the game that will change the way we play forever...and shape games to come.(so will neverwinter...but that's obvious)

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Hmm... While on the subject of buying it...
    Check this week's poll on our front page, http://www.sorcerers.net/index.php#poll

BTW, the release date is Christmas now. Heh. Which Christmas, pray?

Those guys are really losing it. If they'll delay so long that NWN will come out at the same time, they'll burn so hard with POR that there won't even be any ashes left.

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited July 18, 2001).]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  5. Here's a new release date for you guys, don't know if this is more reliable, but it certainly isn't that far ahead.....
    http://www.poolofradiance.com/info/qanda.html

[This message has been edited by DragonSlayer21 (edited July 27, 2001).]

6. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] Those people need to get their stories straight; my Christmas quote also came from a member of Stormfront (people developing the game).

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited July 27, 2001).]

7. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Last I head they were promising to get it out before Christmas. I assume that means by December 24 or sooner for them ;)

8. Turambar Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Ruins of myth drannor has now gone gold and an official statement will probably be made by tomorrow :D

9. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] It has been made and is posted on the front page of SP... What'd you know, eh? I suppose that if a plethora of bugs is now found in the game, they'll say it was because the game was rushed out.

(I simply have to add an appropriately sarcastic smiley for such posts.)

10. blazerskaggs Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I heard that they will be shipping Pool of Radiance 2 on September 5 from the Wizards of the Coast website

11. Taluntain

Media:
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  12. Turambar Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

That's true, I read their official press release.

And I'd just like to say something about ordering from amazon, cause I am completely happy with their services, I have no complaints what so ever. So if anyone has reservations about ordering online(as I did at first)start doing it at amazon, cause you wont find a better or more well organized online store. And if your gonna do it, do it from the links at this site, cause if I understand it right that money goes to keeping this site alive.

13. Julius Skull Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Anyone ever play the original?

14. Alyr Arkhon Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

It was in my hard drive, but I've just deleted it two months ago. It was little use to me, though now I regret it. The game itself was just like the old Dragonlance games: very primitive 3D mixed with 2D. The combat was of course turn based.

15. Rangstrom Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I played the original quite a bit, but I thought the next one: Curse of the Azure Bonds was much better.

16. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

This game better be worth the deley that is all i can say. Because this thing is going to be soley responsible for reinstating my faith in turn based games.

17. Alyr Arkhon Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

If the combat system were half as good as was Return to Krondor's turn based one...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.