1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Deionarra's curse

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Silvrglm, Jun 22, 2001.

1. Silvrglm Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] If you piss her off enough at the beginning of the game, when you first meet her, Deionarra will curse you and tell you she hates you with a passion hotter than Baator's flames. She says that the curse is so powerful that it will ruin your quest and bring your Doom upon you. But nothing visible happens to you immediately after.

My question is: What are the effect(s) of this curse? I have discovered only one so far, which is that Xachariah's corpse will attack you on sight, without giving you the chance to talk to him (which of course you would normally try to do after you've got Stories-Bones-Tell). But if it's such a powerful curse, you would think it does more than just take away Xach as a source of information.

The other question is how to get rid of the curse. You can manipulate Deionarra into saying she's sorry and being your love-slave again, but she says she can't revoke the curse -- "though perhaps somebody else can."
    I immediately thought of Salabash the Onyx, but you don't get any dialogue option to ask him for help in removing the curse. And I doubt a simple Remove Curse spell would do the trick.

So help me out, anybody done this before? (BTW, I'm trying to replay the game as the most evil character I can be. Don't worry about spoilers.)

[This message has been edited by Silvrglm (edited June 22, 2001).]

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Interesting, but this is the first time I hear of this... Can't help you, sorry.

3. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

There is no effect of that curse. So there is no way to get rid of it.

The former friend attacks you for another reason. You did something that alarmed the Mortuary before and everyone attacks you now including him. Restart the game.

4. Silvrglm Gems: 1/31

I have my doubts about that explanation. Xach was the only creature in the Mortuary attacking me, and I hadn't set off the alarm with any of the guards. I could still talk with any of the other zombies, or with the Dustmen, but not with Xach. So I figure there has to be more going on here than a simple alarm.

And if the curse in general does literally nothing, what is it doing in the game? That makes no sense. (Unless, as you say, Torment was never finished and this is another one of those things that was missed in the programming...)

5. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Maybe the curse is not so much what you get as what you miss out on.

SPOILER - if you are nice to the women she gives you a handy ring that comes in useful later on. So maybe the curse is that you get no help.

6. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Ok, Xach is only one that attacks you.

Then answer this:

1. Did you kill anyone there before (not with breaking their neck and not dispelling armors on giant skeletons)?

2. How the hell do you know that one is Xach if you can't talk to that one?

7. Silvrglm Gems: 1/31

This is my third time thru the game, so I know exactly where Xach is standing. He doesn't walk around and he's always the lone zombie in the upper right hand corner of the first floor of the Mortuary.

As for the question of whether I ever EVER set off the alarm this time thru, I honestly can't remember. But even if I did, once you leave the Mortuary and come back in everybody has calmed back down, so shouldn't Xach have calmed down too?

8. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Xach calmed? No. You will have to restart if you want his heart again... :(
    Anyway this quest is not needed to finish the game...

Errr, too bad that Pacify spell ain't working on undead...

Third time? Then where were you before? I haven't seen you post here?

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited June 23, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.