1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Defenders of the Dale portrait site

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by crucis, Nov 16, 2009.

1. crucis

crucis Fighting the undead in Selune's name Veteran

Hiya all,

Since I've been paying attention again to IWD2 over the past couple of weeks, I've been producing some more portrait edits for my Defenders of the Dale website.

There are 40 new edits that I've added over the past couple weeks, nearly all of which are edits of the official portraits (as that's where my editing inspiration has take me of late). I'd like to think that I've gotten better at editing pics, with a more subtle use of color. (Many of my earliest efforts look lame compared to my more recent ones.)

Here's a small thumbnail-sized sampling of the new content.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Anyways, go ahead and check out the site and (hopefully) enjoy the new content.

Crucis

2. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Bookmarked. ;)

3. BucMan55 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Is there an IWD2 portrait site better than this one?? I know I havent found one! I love the color scheme alterations! Great site, glad you came back to it.

4. crucis

Thanks for the kind words, BucMan55.

I've added about 58 new edits since I started doing edits again, and I have another 9 or so new edits "in the hopper" just waiting to be uploaded. (Actually, I just uploaded them...)

Here's a small thumbnail-sized sampling of the more recently uploaded content.

The rightmost pic (of a wild elf sitting on a rock) is one that I've never liked because the original had an incredibly annoying (at least to me) flaw in it. If you look closely at the original, you'll notice that the hand holding the staff is in an anatomically impossible position ... it's backwards. In this edit, I completely removed the staff and the offending hand, and left the pic looking much more natural ... a wild elf with her hands in her lap. (BTW, I'm of the opinion that the staff was added to the original pic by the artist as an afterthought, and he didn't realize that the hand was backwards.)

5. crucis

Well, I've done a number of additional new portrait edits since my last post (33 new edits, by my reckoning).

Here's a small thumbnail-sized sampling of the more recently uploaded content.

The first pic is actually one that I'd never gotten around to editing before. I never had any good ideas of what to do with it, mostly because the original shows the character with a white chest that doesn't look like armor. So I just recolored it to a flesh tone and ended up with what sort of looks like a barbarian shaman or warrior of sorts.

The second one is one that I've only editted once or twice before as it was one that never inspired me either. However, this time I did have some ideas of what to do for her.

The third pic is of a thoroughly evil looking warrior. I've rarely edited this pic as well. But this time around, I "fixed" the character's broken sword in the original pic, gave him a red cape, silvery armor, and a fairly fleshy colored face. And I think that the lighting really enhances this one quite well.

The fourth pic is one of my favorite original pics. And this edit may be one of my favorite edits... For whatever reason, this one came out amazingly well. The gray-blue cloak with the steel gray armor, combined with the character's pose creates a pic of a very dignified character who could be a cleric, or a pally, or a fighter.

And lastly, the fifth pic is of a female drow warrior. I haven't edited this one all that often, in large part because I've never used drow characters all that much. But I like how this edit turned out.

Anyways, that's all for now.

6. Ironhawk Skylord

Ironhawk Skylord If a tree kills alone in the forest, does it make

Very nice, crucis! :)

7. crucis

Thanks, Ironhawk.

It had gotten a bit quiet in here of late, so I thought that I'd just write up the above post to make it a little less quiet.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.