1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Debug Mode

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by Bombur, Nov 19, 2006.

1. Bombur

Bombur I'm always last and I don't like it

[​IMG] Has anyone played around with debug mode? I know the threat that it can break the OC, but has anyone done it anyway? Assuming it doesn't destroy the game, debug more includes the ability to summon a dungeon master. Open a conversation with him, and he'll give you access to stores and, more importantly, let you change your party configuration -- and every NPC is available on the list to be added or removed, even ones who supposedly have died. ;)

If anyone wants to play around with it, just hit the tilde key to open the console (it worked for me even without hitting shift). Then type "DebugMode 1" and hit enter. After that, you can summon the DM by typing "rs gr_dm" and he will appear next to the character that was selected when you ran the command.

2. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

I've run he console almost every time I started to play. The first action was to modify stats since I don't agree with the point system - I like the die system :) .

Anyways, after a certain point I also didn't feel like looting every little thing to make money so I also just gave myself bigger "rewards" for quests :) .

And occasionally when I got ticked off at forgetting to save over a 2 hour period I put my main on godmode and gave him 50 strength (the max in NWN2... in NWN1 it was 150) and let him wail on everything 'til I caught up.

3. Bombur

Bombur I'm always last and I don't like it

Aren't those just cheats? I think you can run those commands without enabling debug mode. Cheats shouldn't hurt the game. But the developers warn that debug mode can cause major havoc.

4. Grigeral Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

The DebugMode=1 is already inserted in the game files, so its just a matter of hitting `then entering the details you want. on the console if you type /help (i think its with the /, too many MMOs :S) itll give you a list of all the commands.

I never use it though until i have completed the game. Im working on how to remove the XP cap atm.

5. Celesialraven Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Actually, inside the debugmenu (~), you type 'commands' for the list.

Also, I've played around in here a little bit and the game has had no problems (so far) so I wouldn't be to worried.

6. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

I'm pretty sure I have to enable debug mode everytime, or it doesn't work.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.