1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dead by dawn, dead by dawn!

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Vandalore, Jul 6, 2001.

1. Vandalore Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

If you knew for sure that you were going to die by the next sunrise. What would you do in your final moments?

2. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Order a loaded pizza and demand 45 minute delivery service. :)

3. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I'd invite all my friends over for a huge dinner party!! Listen to music, have good food, good drink, and enjoy my time with my friends. If I had someone special with me, I'd end the night with her.

Then watch sportscenter on ESPN. :D ;) J/K :p

4. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] I'd say: "that's impossible to know" and continue to live my life as it is. Nothing that would disturb my beliefs.

5. Vandalore Gems: 7/31

Heh, I like Bel's answer. Yeah, I have a feeling it'd be impossible to get all my friends together, that is if I had any. :) j/k

My realistic answer:
    But uh seriously, I probably would rack up one serious phone bill. Although, I have a feeling it'd be too hard. For the most part, I'm not scared of death. But I fear talking to my friend's in my final hour would make me want to 'stay'. In such case, I would almost rather not talk and take a mental picture of everyone who I could, while writing my last words down.

Have any of you written your will or composed a letter which you would like your loved one or friends to read once you are gone?

6. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

I would probably be online like I usually am :p

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited July 07, 2001).]

7. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

i'd get in plane and get as far away from the next sunrise as possible, then do it again, and again etc...

8. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

hmm i think i would go and do everything i possibly could, spend my savings... get really drunk!!

9. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] St. Francis of Asisi (who was a gardener/monk) was asked the same question, and he said that he would weed his garden and plant a tree.

The point is that God had called him to an agrarian life-style and that he would continue in it on list last day.

In a similar vein I would spend time with my wife and baby, share the Gospel when I had opportunities, and take out the garbage.

A more challenging question would be what I would do with only 1 year left. That would lead to more radical changes. . .

10. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Heh. If I had one year left I'd forget in about a week wake up in a years time and think "This day's meant to be important somehow..." then die.

11. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Now when I think of it a bit, I would pay for that exotic dance from Annah... ;)

12. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I am so glad you noticed :D

13. Amon-Ra Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I'd do the whole party/celebrate the last moments with cool people thing, then BAM right before the sun came up, I'd kill myself just to prove the prophecy wrong.

One of those ultimate irony things in that i probably wouldn't have died come sunrise...

Amon-Ra

14. Vandalore Gems: 7/31

The question is quite taboo. Some people would like to cram their whole life all into one evening, while others would just like to sit around and do nothing but party just like any other evening. I guess the real question is what do you wish you would've said to someone before you died? And why not say it now rather than waiting until your final moments?

15. The Wise The Grey Gems: 7/31

I would try to empty the entirety of my mind onto paper, while listening to my most favorite songs. If I could get done with that soon enough, I'd have to party it up one last time with all my friends. I'm talking rivers of beer and whiskey, and a stormcloud of smoke billowing from the windows. It would be a night to TRY to remember.

O.K., I suppose I could spend some time with my family too...

If only I had a lovely little lady friend...

16. Seric Exz Guest

I would probably bring my guitar, a cowboy hat, a whole bag o' blues, and sit on an uncomfortable chair on the back porch and play till my fingers bleed.

"...I think my wings are falling below, Jesus, I need another pair..."

[This message has been edited by Seric Exz (edited July 08, 2001).]

17. Satiana Fearbringer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I would eat some really great food, watch one last movie, hang out with my fiance, and in the last hour our so, call every friend and loved one I knew to let them know that I loved them and to say good bye.

(If I could think logically at the time and wasn't busy loosing my mind!)

I am not afraid of death. Pain, that is another story. I don't want to know if I have any amount of time to live. I don't want to know. If at all possible I would like it to come unexpectdly and as quickly as possble.

18. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] Extremist -

On second thought, take all my nice/good St. Francis stuff and throw it in the river.

Then sign me up for a lap dance from Annah Red-Head too!

(To back this up theologically, let me quote two of my favorite theologians:

St. Augustin: Give me chastity, but not yet.
    Martain Luther: Sin Boldly!)

19. I would probably take advantage of the fact that I wouldn't be around to get a hangover, and take up a few loans here and there, spend it all on alcohol, women and probably the presidential suite in the most expensive hotel I can find :D :D :D ;)

20. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.