1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Danger welcomes Americans abroad

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Ragusa, Oct 24, 2003.

1. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    What's next, an Illuminatus reference? Any one-sided press will seize on convenient hooks to preach to the choir and to sway those not in the choir to their way of thinking. It is especially convenient when there are limitations to the audience hearing any other point of view. To use a completely different example, look at the drivel that Fox News spits out. That is basically crap too. This is no different, except that it is being published by Moslems.

2. Manus Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I don't know why those world leaders can't all just settle their differenecs over a good game of C&C Generals: Zero Hour, we have;

USA Lasers- Britain
    USA Superweapons- America
    USA Air Force- Afganistan ;)
    China Nukes- North Korea
    China Infantry- Taiwan
    China Tanks- China
    GLA Toxin- Iraq
    GLA Demolition- Palestein
    GLA Stealth- Israel

There we have it, 9 player Deathmatch, All on All, shifting alliances encouraged.

The Winner gets the continent of their home origin plus one (1) other of their choice. European Union countries will be providing additional support to all players as required on a supplies collected/shifting kill-loss ratio basis.

South Africa will be awarded as the consellation prize.

LET'S GET IT ON! :D

3. Blackhawk Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Ragusa -

I know Israel doesn't control the U.S. Government; however, this is a belief that is popular within the Middle East. We might think it a tad silly and rather paranoid, but they do not.

Everyone -

If you are curious, "neocon" is a term that was born in the Middle East that puts a label on Pro-Israel conservatives in the United States. The word is a combination of neo and conservative, but basically means "American Zionist".

4. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    DMC - Yes, there were actually interviews with average Palestinians living in the West Bank after 9/11 who really believed that the attack was orchestrated by Israel, and that Bin Laden was completely innocent. Where would that kind of thinking come from? The power of media propaganda has become as strong as any of the "big battalions." But it goes even beyond that - in those kinds of places childern at a young age are indoctrinated into a kind of cult of hatered. There is great danger when politics, religion and the media converge. You think even some Americans would know that.

Ragusa - I don't think anyone here in the US believes for a moment that Israel dictates America's policies, except maybe the Klan.

5. Hacken Slash

Hacken Slash OK... can you see me now?

I think with Israel unable to dictate Israeli policy, it becomes laughable to think they have any sway over ours. There was a day when perhaps there was a tangible sympathizing in the major media outlets, but since the demise of network and the growth of cable, that has even gone away.

I'm with Manus, I'll take USA Superweapons...we'll settle this like a bunch of gamers and quit this high-brow debate. :p

6. Manus Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Excellent. I'll take the China Nuke General - I don't particularly care for North Korea, but they have the best units :)

who else is in?

And So it Begins....

[To keep this from being moved to the Playground, I would like to pose this question: We are aware of the hostility towards America. Regardless of the reasons for this, what can be done about it? We may say- 'they' have to change (and they could be anyone), but unless they agree, nothing can really be solved, so I'll split this up into two questions.

What should happen?

What can we do?

Also, does any of this seem likely as happening?

Thankyou, and remember; I have dibs on China Nukes]

7. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I have long said that the US policy of pre-emption is destabilising, dangerous, stupid, granting in effect the thought dead right to go to war, lowering the line to start wars and making wars more frequent and the world actually less safe, for the pre-emptive actor in particular.

Here's a striking example why I think so: Putin reaffirms Russia's right to preemptive strikes.
    EDIT on 11/11/2003: Turkey also jumped on the pre-emptive bandwagon on the kurdish issue, saying
    Yay! Quite a valuable US contribution to world peace. Every tinpot dictator, pouncing upon his neighbour country, can today say: "So what? International law my ass. It was a pre-emptive attack ... I am allowed to do so because the US do so!" :roll: :spin:

[ November 11, 2003, 12:11: Message edited by: Ragusa ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.