1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dalelands in?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Erran, Feb 11, 2001.

1. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Can Syl or one of the other DMs confirm that the Dalelands will be in ALFA, even though the server borders may be redrawn?

2. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Still in last I heard.

Syl...

3. Vector of Myth Drannor Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Noticed your interest in the Dalelands. You may want to take a look at my website. I'm one of the founders of the RDR (Realms of the Dragon Reach) and Shadowdale and the Dalelands is my ares. We currently have 4 members as of now. one other is doing the Vast, and the last 2 are original areas, located on islands. Feel free to visit all of the meber sites, thanx
    Vector < http://eb.drizah.com/nwn/eb_guild.htm >

[This message has been edited by Vector of Myth Drannor (edited March 01, 2001).]

4. Voltric Gems: 19/31

Vector I checked out your website and it looks good. Our guild - AORTA - is interested in starting in the Dalelands. So we have a vested interest in the area. I also noticed that there is a guild already in the area, the BGU or GBU (sorry I didn't get the name right). I hope we can work together, for starting off with a guild war would weaken us both at the start of ALFA.

Erran, did you have a starting city in mind. Check out Vector's site and let me know. It looks like Hillsfar will be the center of the area. Is this what you had in mind or another city. I know that down the raod we would want our own building/keep in one of the dales but that will have to wait until we have some money.

5. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I didn't get the impression that Vector is associated in any way with ALFA at this time... Seems like they're creating their own persistent world.

6. Erran Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] Yup, Vector is in a 'parallel universe' also using the NWN toolset and the FR background.
    I guess by the time the game ships there will be a score or more such worlds, some based on FR, some based on Middle Earth and some totally made up.
    We chose to go with ALFA 'cos they are probably the biggest and most organised to date.
    Good luck to Vector & all the worlds, it gives the players lots of choice and if we don't like one we can find another that suits us better.
    To answer the other questions, I kinda favour Mistledale as it's nice and centraly placed but it will depend on the final server map and the wishes of the players.
    I am not aware of any other (ALFA) guilds operating in that area - yet.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.