1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dad turns his daughter into a sex slave

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Barmy Army, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Has everyone heard about this.

Basically, this bloke from Austria kept his daughter locked up in a cellar and went down and knobbed her whenver he felt like it. He's fathered about 7 kids by her! He's now been imprisoned for 15 years on counts of rape.

What the hell!!!

It's one of the most horrendous stories I've eveer come across!

2. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Read it just yesterday, thought about starting a thread about it, but didn't make the time for it.

"Funny" thing is that I'm not feeling moral outrage about it. I'm disgusted, sure, but things like this happening's just too weird. Completely alien. I'm almost willing to come to the conclusion that this guy's not human. Therefore it's all right if he's dissected and studied. Alive.

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Here's a link for anyone not familiar with the story. 15 years is a joke for something like this. They should lock him up and throw away the key. He's been doing this for 24 years in the same house and his wife supposedly didn't know about it? That's just unbelievable.

4. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    So she'll have been a prisoner for 9 years longer than him?

So much for justice.

5. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Well, the guy is 73 years old. I imagine that his age played a role in his sentencing, as it is unlikely that he will live long enough to be released from prison. If the guy lives to be 85, it doesn't really matter if you sentence him to 15 or 15,000 years.

I'm not trying to minimize his crime, I'm just saying that for him, 15 years is tantamount to a life sentence.

6. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Austrians, what do they have with basements?

Hers and the confessions of the neighbourhood seriously reek of Ich habe es nicht gewusst behaviour. Oh sure, we knew that he was imprisoned for rape and we knew that those children appeared from thin air, but there's nothing wrong going here, no sirree.

7. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I find it unbelievable that the wife knew nothing about what was going on in their cellar. The man was a dominant type and a domestic tyrant, and he might have ordered her to stay out of the cellar, but still. It's not like she didn't know the house had a cellar, and she must have wondered how the daughter's children turned up on their doorstep.

Looks to me like the Austrian authorities and the neighbours are busy washing their hands.

8. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

While I agree that the wife was culpably and willfully ignorant, women in relationships with such twisted men do come to a twisted understanding of themselves and reality. I'm not excusing her, but I suspect that most of the time, on a conscious level, she really didn't understand that something was very wrong here. I have only read brief news accounts so I suppose it is possible that she was a more active participant in this than I think, but, alas, I don't find it astonishing that she didn't seem to know what was happening.

As for the perpetrator - he definitely needs to be in prison, and at his age, the seemingly short time of 15 years, assuming he isn't paroled, may well be a life sentence. On the other hand 15 years does not seem proportionate to the crime, to me.

9. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Unless I'm misreading something, he's facing charges. He hasn't been convicted yet.

Nothing I have read indicates that he had previously been imprisoned for rape.

Having said all that, I kind of find my self agreeing with Iku-Turso. This is just so beyond comprehension that I have trouble being outraged. Just throw the guy in a pit somewhere, let him rot, and forget about him.

And no, I don't buy the wife's claim that she didn't know anything either.

10. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

Apparently one of the children's remains were found burnt in the 'holding cell' downstairs also. There's just so many things going through my mind at the moment that yes, I too cannot focus on how dispicable this man actually is. You'd think people that did things of this nature in modern society would just be executed on the spot.

I think Austrian's weren't so outraged by what this man had done, rather that a crime of basically the exact same nature had been commited AGAIN.

11. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    This is also my understanding

London Times has this story (and some Danish papers). I haven't found it elsewhere.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2008
  12. Faye

Faye Life is funny. Veteran

Media:
    If he gets sentenced to 15 years, its too short. Regardless that its tantamount to a life sentence for him, the punishment does not measure up to such an act. Punishments also serves as a deterrent, a warning and a tougher sentence sends stronger signals.

13. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I have to agree with the "executed on the spot" concept. There is no redemption for this man, and nothing he can ever do that could even come close to the suffering he inflicted on that girl. To me, his life has no value.

15 years my oversized white butt! That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard of.

14. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I'm assuming he'll still be alive when he gets out if 15 years is all he gets. There are plenty of people over 90 in this part of Europe. Of course, that's assuming someone doesn't cut his throat or he hangs himself before that.

15. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Nah...execution isn't viable at his old age. They should castrate him with a dull spoon, and then let him rot in jail until he dies. :smash: :rolling:

16. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Have you seen a picture of the guy? He looks like the bastard child of satan and Saddam Hussain. Ugly beggar!!

17. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    :lol: Too true!

To clarify an earlier point, I do agree that 15 years is too short a prison sentence. All I was pointing out was I feel it is more likely than not that he will die before he gets out. Sure, lots of people live to be more than 88 years old, but I can't imagine that the percentage is all that high, especially among men who tend to not live as long as women. That said, I agree with people who feel that justice is not being appropriately served with a sentence this short.

What to me is more troubling is if 15 years is thought to be an appropriate punishment for anyone who commits a crime like this. What if this guy had been 43 instead of 73? Then it would be a near certainty that he would live long enough to see the end of a 15 year prison sentence.

18. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    They DEFINATELY shouldn't execute him, rotting in prison would give him 15 years, to live a shamed existence, then execute him, i'd like.

19. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I agree that this is a case for the death penalty. It's just too horrible. Another case where justice is denied because a state lacks the guts to issue a matching punishment.

20. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I am no moderator but there is a whole thread discussing the death penalty, judicial systems and penal systems.

For me this entire event is so abhorrent that it is hard to grasp. You don't want to grasp it and yet it is not the first time and I am sure there are other people trapped in similar situations around the world. As for penalty, well this is so horrible that no penalty can match the crime. Let the pig rot and focus the resources and energy on trying to help his victims as they are somewhat alive.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.