1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

D&d rules applied to non d&d characters

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by The Fat Egg, Jul 17, 2001.

1. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

i'd like to pick a few characters from non d&d characters, and try your best to put them in d&d rules, mine are:

Jimmy the Hand (Riftwar Saga)
    lvl.6 thief human
    str: 17
    dex: 19
    con: 17
    int: 11
    wis: 08
    cha: 12

Gandalf (Various books by J.R.R. Tolkein)
    lvl.22 conjurer human
    str: 13
    dex: 16
    con: 18
    int: 23
    wis: 23
    cha: 09

2. The Wise The Grey Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Hell of an idea Eggy Boy. I've got a few for ya.

Aragorn - Half Elven (kinda) Ranger
    STR 18/50
    DEX 16
    CON 19
    INT 15
    WIS 17
    CHA 8

Gimli - Dwarven Fighter
    STR 18/25
    DEX 13
    CON 20
    INT 14
    WIS 12
    CHA 7

Legolas - Elven Archer
    STR 14
    DEX 20
    CON 16
    INT 16
    WIS 15
    CHA 15

Boromir - Human Berserker
    STR 18/00
    DEX 15
    CON 18
    INT 12
    WIS 9
    CHA 12

3. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Hey Fat Egg, care to try your hand at Pug, Macros, and Tomas?

:D

4. BogiTheWaverer Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Can't agree with the CHA's for Gandalf and Aragorn. That's maybe what they try to look like for some people but not their real values.

5. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    lets try the WoT saga

Rand:
    Human kensai mage lvl 12/20

St: 17
    Dex: 17
    Con: 16
    Wis: 11
    Int: 18
    Cha: 17

Perrin
    Human Ranger lvl 16

st: 18/80
    Dex: 14
    Con: 18
    Wis: 17
    Int: 12
    Cha: 16

Mat
    Human swashbuckler lvl 18 or thief/fighter lvl 8/16

Str: 13
    Dex: 18
    Con: 12
    Int: 16
    wis: 10
    Cha: 17

6. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Noooooo!!!! Jordan's a powergamer!

7. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31

alright deviant mage, here goes

Pug (Riftwar Series)
    lvl.24 Mage Human
    str: 15
    dex: 14
    int: 21
    wis: 24
    cha: 11
    con: 16

Tomas (Riftwar Series)
    lvl. 28 Fighter/Mage Elf (small part valheru)
    str: 18
    dex: 18
    int: 23
    wis: 23
    cha: 12
    con: 18

but im just not sure about macros, why dont u do him deviant mage?

8. ClammyRyu Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Ya biatch: The ultimate stat sheet!!!!!

Frodo Baggins!!
    Level 1 thief/level 3 fighter Halfling
    str.9
    dex.14
    con.11
    int.13
    wis.15
    cha.13

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

9. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31

Fat Egg: no no no no NO!

Pug was mostly ok, except his charisma was a bit too low.

For starters, you can just compare Jimmy's and Tomas's strength.
    Tomas: 18. This man was as powerful as a demigod, in the battle of sethanon he impaled the image of Draken Korin into the lifestone and his sword sank almost to the hilt in the stone! Remember how lesser men fell like wheat when he cut them through?
    18, as even the normal human maximum is *far* too low.

Jimmy the Hand: 17. As you're referring to Jimmy the hand instead of Baron James, I assume you mean him as a boy. Remember when he always thought when fighting that he was much weaker than his foes (especially when facing Laughing Jack on the palace roof). As 17 is almost the human maximum it is much too high, Laughing Jack, who could easily overpower him, couldn't have had a strength of above 15!

Tomas's int and wis are too high, yes he was intelligent and wise but pug far surpassed him due to his tsurani training and being the next powerful wizard ever on Midkemia. His con again, is too low, his son who was only 1/4 valheru took a Pantathian spell in the face which burned his left side completely. Still he survived, when Prajis and Vaja, who stood on his sides were nothing but charred remains in a heap.

Jimmy's con is too high for a small boy and his int, wis and cha are too low. Especially his int. There has to be something more in him if he rose from a common thief to one of the most powerful men in the kingdom purely by his wits.

edit: didn't even notice everything:
    Tomas: level 28 fighter/mage elf (small part valheru)

Umm... When did you see him casting a spell? Never. He called dragons and such but they were Valheru innate abilities, not spells. And elf? Where'd you rip that from? He was born a human, in a human town, until he found that armor and became half valheru. Nothing elven in him, except for his looks, a bit different from elves but he still looked fairly similar. Besides, the birth of Calis (his and the elven queen's son) was so unremarkable because it was the first child between and elf and a *human*... And that was only possible because his valheru powers.

Go read the books again :p

[This message has been edited by Volar Blackmane (edited July 17, 2001).]

10. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

About Aragorn. His sword (I forget the name) would give him an enormous Chr. bonus. He always was great and knigly when he had the sword once it had been fixed and he was fulfilling his destiny.

11. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Ironbeard, good point about his re-forged sword. I'd say he had a CHR 12 or so and the sword gives him a +5 to CHR.

The other point is Frodo's CON score of 11? ClammyRyu you seem a bit worked up. :cool: With all he went through in Book 4 and 6 of LotR, posion, lack of food and sleep and marching day after day. I'd give him a 14 or 15.

12. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31

valor, yes i was incorrect about him being an elf, however it is often mentioned in the books that he is capable of casting magic spells, and pug always says that tomas is both stronger and wiser, and no his strength was not so high as to be godlike even in high exaggeration, rememeber he was only slightly related to the valheru, and as for james, i was talking about him overall, i just liked calling him jimmy the hand, and his strength is that high, hell he impaled navon da sandau on his sword blade, and overpowered several moredhel warriors in numerous battles! and pug is charasmatic enough to manage a 11 in charisma, although i cant support it with evidence, i doubt you can support your point either

13. Vile Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I think Frodo's constitution, wisdom and dexterity might be a little higher. I also agree that Aragorn's charisma should have been higher.

14. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31

Hmmm...Macros is tough, since his maximum abilities are not very certain. I'll do him from the most recent knowledge of him, though, when he was entirely mortal(so if you are thinking of him as the avatar of the deceased god of magic, boost his int and wis).

Macros(Serpentwar Series)
    lvl.22 Mage Human
    str: 15
    dex: 12
    int: 18
    wis: 20
    cha: 10
    con: 16

15. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] Superman;

STR 25+
    CON 25+
    DEX 25+
    INT 15
    WIS 17
    CHA 16

STR, CON & DEX are self explanitory

INT & WIS are high because he ALWAYS knows the right thing to do and can thwart Braniac's plans.

CHA is high, but not 18 because he is articulate, but not polished.

16. Relic Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] ok, have to throw this one in:
    Starbuck, from Battlestar Galactica
    Str: 13
    Dex: 14
    Con: 12
    Int: 10
    Wis: 8
    Cha 18

He could always sweetalk everyone, and was a pretty quick fighter, but he didn't seem to be the smartest kid on the block, and he definately didn't make wise decisions!

17. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31

Impaling someone isn't a matter of strength, you just need to do a good hit. And are you sure he didn't use a rapier, most of the kingdom men do. Besides, it isn't said anywhere that moredhel are stronger than men. For all we know they can be weaker, if more agile, like elves should be. Killing people by hacking through them requires a lot more strength, especially when you need to cut through the spine. And when the demon Jakan had become as big as Maarg in the end, he still couldn't get past Tomas, who dealt him nasty blows, though the lifestone healed the demon.

And I doubt you can really say he was 'distantly related' to the Valheru as he merged with Ashen-Shugar and the two became as one in the end.

And you still didn't answer why one the most cunning people in the series has int 11 and wis 8. He was often described as very cunning and intelligent, and his actions were of major importance in the series, yet you say his wisdom by the D&D rules would give him a -1 modifier and his int would be the same as a common peasant's?

18. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Saruman
    lvl. 20 human enchanter
    Str: 13 (guess)
    Dex: 14 (again)
    Con: 10 (mages don't get out in the healthy fresh air enough)
    Int: 19
    Wis: 11
    Cha: 10 (I assume he relies HEAVILY on friends spells)

19. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31

I agree that Tomas should have crazy-high strength. In the Serpentwar, he when he punched the city gates of...I can't remember, wherever the archvillain was...the gates flew off their hinges and fell inward.

Those are the kind of giant doors meant to withstand battering rams and such, remember...

20. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31

ok ok so im worng

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.