1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Cyberpunk 2077 - How it could be Better

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by RPGWatch, Jan 16, 2021.

1. RPGWatch

RPGWatch Watching... ★ SPS Account Holder

[​IMG]CogConnected share their five pet peeves about Cyberpunk 2077.

[​IMG]

2. Menu Mismanagement

Who would have thought navigating menus in a game would become a full-time job? In Cyberpunk 2077, it is. I'm not going to break down all the in-game menus - trust me, I originally did that and it ended up looking like a massive wall of painfully constructed text. There's just no way I can be concise about Cyberpunk's menus, and therein lies the problem. This game is so deep you're likely to drown just trying to figure out all the different systems and subsystems. The Character menu - where you tweak your abilities - has a bunch of Attributes and Perks you can fiddle with. Yet all these perks and attributes just add minor, incremental enhancements that really don't add much to the overall game. The Inventory is a disorganized joke with non-sensical icons denoting each item category. The Journal is an ever-growing honey-do list of missions you can tackle. The Map is a disorientating Jackson Pollock painting. And finally, there's Crafting, which after all my time with this game, I still have zero idea how it works. In talking with some of my colleagues, they rarely, if ever, used Crafting either. To compound this problem, the menus use a cursor system - which makes sense if I'm using a mouse and keyboard - but is a pain in the ass when using a controller.

The Ripperdoc suggests: First, scrap the Crafting component, it's useless. Second, add proper tutorials for absolutely every aspect of the menu. And no, not those stupid on-screen prompts that show up at the worst possible moment or the "help" option that displays vague information on screen. I want full tutorial videos that I can watch within each menu that clearly lays out what everything does and how I can get the most out of this game. And finally, drop the annoying cursor navigation and come up with a system that works well with a controller.

[...]

Twinfinite have suggested five ways Cyberpunk 2077 could be improved.

[​IMG]

Better Economy and Money System

Cyberpunk 2077 is a pretty massive game, with tons of different perks to unlock and attributes to level up. You'll definitely want to level V up quickly to start getting better equipment, but you'll need to make sure you have the cash for it too.

One of the biggest problems we've encountered in this game is just how hard it is to get, well, anything. You can get a fairly steady flow of income from doing main missions, side gigs, and other optional quests. However, equipment and upgrades are extremely expensive, and just trying to get a couple of Ripperdoc upgrades will certainly deplete your bank account in the blink of an eye.

Money aside, getting experience for specific skills can also be a slog. Crafting, in particular, feels extremely unrewarding once you get to the mid-game stages, as it's hard enough to gather crafting components to craft more valuable items, and it only stings more when you realize how little crafting experience you get from it.

The same can be said for pretty much any non-combat skill as well, making the game feel a little inflexible overall. It's no wonder that players have been quick to find money and experience exploits to speed up the leveling process.

[...]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2021
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.