1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Cutscene freeze-ups

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Telemental, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Telemental Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I'm using a ton of mods in my current go in IWD2, including Ease of Use, the G3 fixpack, and the newest version of Tactics. I think with all these installed, it is beginning to act really buggy. Specifically, after the battle with the Dark Treants after the Wandering Village and after exiting Z'Hinda Citadel to fight Mirabel (I think that's her name), the game acts as though it is going to initiate dialog/action, but freezes up. More specifically, it will act like the next event is firing; my characters stand there waiting and the HUD disappears.

Has anyone else experienced this issue with any combination of mods? If so, how do I correct it? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling all the mods, but it was just the same. I don't want to have to get the Isair and Madae and have them freeze up on me where I can't cheat and teleport into the next area like I had to do after the Dark Treants fight. I've gotten this far with a great team, and I don't want to have to start over :(

One more question, if I have a Dreadmaster of Bane and I defeat the Cleric of Bane in Kuldahar, is my Dreadmaster supposed to get a permanent wisdom increase? I get some kind of journal update saying "Good job Cleric, you destroyed the Cleric that strayed from the path of Bane" but not the one or two points in wisdom.

Admittedly I have only heard from one source (JUPP) that you receive the bonus at this point, but I may be wrong.

2. Acrux Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Veteran

I'm not sure that's a mod related issue. Others have mentioned problems in the past with slow-downs and freezes after the Dark Treant battle. The "Slowdown Fixes by Exremist and Quint" available from SP may help:

https://sorcerers.net/Games/IWD2/index_editors.php

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2021
  3. Telemental Gems: 1/31

The read-me states that those fixes are for slowdowns only, specifically in Chult, the Goblin Warrens, and one other area I haven't had an issue. I appreciate your help, but it isn't a slowdown problem: the game just refuses to fire the next event, and my characters are just standing there, "waiting."

4. Acrux Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Veteran

I knew I'd seen an issue like this before, so I searched the boards for "Dark Treant" and found the following thread that seems as though it mentions your problem (there are other threads as well on the topic, but most have been unanswered):

https://sorcerers.net/community/threads/please-help-perpetually-stuck-bug-in-fell-wood.28435/

Try changing your game resolution to 800x600 for that particular battle. If that doesn't work, there doesn't seem to be much other help available. I'm positive it isn't a mod issue, though.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2021
  5. Telemental Gems: 1/31

That seems precisely what I'm looking for. Thanks for the helping hand!

Do you, or anyone else, happen to know about the Dreadmaster of Bane wisdom bonus for killing Hierephus in Kuldahar? One source says +2 wisdom. but it has never worked for me. Is this a bug, or just a rumor?

6. JT Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Bumping this in 2021 to thank @Acrux for getting me past the Dark Treant fight.

800x600 looks absolutely silly on a 4K monitor.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.