1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Custom Soundset

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Maenalis, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Maenalis Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hi!

I was trying to create an Aerie soundset for IWD1-2. I was converting BG2&ToB Aerie sound files with DLTCP to wav from wavc. I renamed them as specified in the manual, and placed the files into the proper folder, but for some reason I can't hear the soundfiles in the game.

The IWD1 manual says the files need to be 22khz, 16 bit, mono .wav files, which they are.

I downloaded some soundsets from here (sorcerers.net IWD2) just to see if those would work and they do just fine, both for IWD1 and IWD2.

Could someone help me how to create a soundset for IWD? I would like to create the BG1-BG2 soundsets which are missing from the sorcerers.net IWD2 downloads.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  2. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    Try this:

First get rid of any new files you may have produced when trying to convert the originals initially, if there are any.

Then download the .zip file linked below and extract its contents to the folder where the original files you want to convert are.

http://www.co8.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=306&d=1118125441

Look in this folder for the file dewavc.bat. Double-click it and it should convert all the files there to regular .wav format. :)

3. Maenalis Gems: 1/31

Thanks. It worked wonderfully. I used dltcp to convert the wav files back into wavc, then I converted the wavc-s to wav with you program. :)

It works like a charm thanks again. :D

---------- Added 1 hours, 37 minutes and 37 seconds later... ----------

One more thing.

If I enable the option: "sound->character sounds->subtitles, than I get subtitles for all the sounds the character makes. If I use an inbuilt soundset I get the proper subtitles, but not with my custom one. Is there a way to implement this subtitles "function" with custom sounds?

4. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    I don't really know anything about IE games, but I would imagine that subtitles are just being printed from a text file somehwere. So theoretically you'd have to add the text from your custom audio to that file.

5. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Ooh, excellent question. I know how to get it put in a modded NPC but I'm not sure the same coding could be applied to a custom soundset for the player character.

I'll have a quick look, but I'm not sure this question has popped up before really. There may not be a modding method craeted for it so far.

6. Maenalis Gems: 1/31

Thanks for the replies. After Gaear's suggestion I checked the dialog.tlk, and it seems to me that the subtitles are in there. :( I really don't think this matter deserves a weidu code, just to add a few lines of subtitles... I suppose not many people are using subtitles anyway, and if they do, they can endure this "bug".

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.