1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Custom Portraits For NPCs??

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Midnight Runner, Sep 22, 2003.

1. Midnight Runner Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] This my first try at posting. Hello!
    I am wondering if a custom portrait can be used
    for npcs in my module.If so--How?? :)

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I believe it's possible, but I'm not sure about the exact procedure.

3. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

All I did was made a .hak pack with portraits that had the same filename as the Bioware portraits. That got the custom ports onto NPCs.

The other way to do it (probably the better way) is to edit the .2da files, but you'll have to ask someone with more experience doing that for the exact procedure.

4. Midnight Runner Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Fist of all, Thanks for the reply.
    I am not to good with hak paks yet.
    I will try to use rastor's idea, and
    get back to ya. :)

O.K.--I tried a hak pak---

Does anybody know where I can download a good
    tutorial :)

[ September 23, 2003, 02:59: Message edited by: Midnight Runner ]

5. fade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I looked through SP real quick and didn't see anything that would be useful to you, you might want to check neverwinter vault, or just do a google search.

NWN Vault

Google :-D

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  7. Midnight Runner Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Much thanks Taluntian.
    The link was very helpful.
    I still have 1 problem.
    I need to modify the .2da file located
    within a portrait's .tga file, and I can't
    figure out how to open the .tga file.

The .2da file can be opened with notepad.
    Any ideas for this rookie mod builder??
    Thks.

Rastor--This follows your Hak Pak procedure,
    Maybe you can help?

Thks. again :)

8. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

The .tga files are the portraits themselves (you'll need several different sizes). The .2da isn't located in the .tga, its located in the "Source" directory in the NWN folder.

You're looking for the portrait or portraits.2da.

What you want to do, is make a copy of that file (do NOT overwrite it). Edit the copied portrait.2da file (and it has to have the same name as the original, so play with it somewhere besides the nwn/source folder) in notepad. When the portrait files are added in, make a new hak and import the portrait .tga's AND the NEW portrait.2da into the hak.

It'll probably take some trial and error, but those are the files you need to screw around with.

9. Midnight Runner Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Much thanks ArtEchoke.
    I still can't find the "Portrait .2da " file.
    I've looked all through the NWN folder??
    :)

10. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

The exact directory path on my machine is:

C:bad:NeverwinterNights\NWN\source\portraits.2da

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.